Showbiz & AG => Underground & Abstract  

!!! This is a dump page of a forum, you should have a look at the full version here: !!!

Showbiz & AG

Страниц в теме:  [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Тема: Showbiz & AG | Автор: rjx | Постов: 139
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
rjx
Posted: 23-10-2005

картинка, оставленная пользователем

Showbiz & AG "Runaway Slave"
hXXp://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0WJS5OO

Showbiz & AG "Goodfellas"
hXXp://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9ZL4JD3

becon
Posted: 06-03-2006

Showbiz & AG - Runaway Slave
01. Still Digin'
02. Fat Pockets
03. Bounce Ta This
04. More Than One Way Out Of The Ghetto
05. Silence Of The Lambs(remix)
06. 40 Acres And My Props
07. Runaway Slave
08. Hard To Kill
09. Hold Ya Head
10. He Say, She Say
11. Represent
12. Silence Of The lambs
13. Party Groove(Bass Mix)
14. Soul Clap(Short Version)
15. Catchin' Wreck
16. Party Groove (Instrumental)
Ссылка:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0WJS5OO

Verik
Posted: 11-09-2006

залейте плиз кто нить Runaway Slave не на мегааплоад unsure.gif

logist
Posted: 11-09-2006

с большим удовольствием все бы скачал, но вот только не с меги и рапиды...
очень признателен тому кто перезальет, скажем на ifolder или sendspace...

ficker
Posted: 24-09-2006

New CD coming in october:

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/det...asp?UPC=LKR08CD

woycieh
Posted: 28-09-2006

A.G. Of D.I.T.C. - Get Dirty Radio - 2006

Цитата:
Both New York and San Francisco have professional sports teams named the Giants. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that legendary MC AG—aka Andre the Giant—recorded his latest album, Get Dirty Radio, 3,000 miles away from his South Bronx birthplace, in California. What is a surprise, however, is that while longtime collaborators Lord Finesse and Showbiz appear on Get Dirty Radio, the majority of the tracks were crafted by producers the rapper’s never worked with before, including Jake One, Dabrye, Tommy Tee, Oh No, Look Records head honcho DJ Design, and—representing somewhat of a hip-hop head’s wet dream—Madlib and J Dilla.

“That’s gonna let em know right there,” AG predicts. “Those are two guys who carried the tradition of digging in the crates, and DJ Design linked me up with them, so it’s like the old legend with the new kings … The album is crazy.”

On the Madlib-produced “Frozen” (the album’s first single), AG proves he’s still got the verbal skills that made him a legend: Niggas say we real cause the way we got down/ From the streets to the industry locked down/Plot now on the world that’s the next stop/ Ladies listen cause I’m known to hit the wet spot. The DJ Design-produced “Triumph” bears much personal significance for AG, who’s overcome many trials and tribulations in his life, from a murder charge (since overturned), industry-related politics and the tragic death of his good friend Big L. On the track, he pays homage to his fallen comrade, declaring Big L will never be forgotten, then goes on to say, the Big Apple, I eat it rotten/ Just to keep it poppin’. Another unquestioned highlight is one of J Dilla’s last production credits, “Hip Hop Quotable (feat. Aloe Blacc), a brilliant track which traces the history of hip-hop through its more memorable lyrics over the years, and finds AG up in the lab, stabbing that pad with a pen again.

Get Dirty Radio’s emphasis on lyrical skills, classic concepts, and innovative new music might just change people’s minds about the current state of NY rap, which in recent years has followed trends more than it has set them. “If music is pumping, Imma get into it,” AG says. “But the message, the lyrics, and the content are horrible right now.”

The album marks not only a return to form for East Coast-style rap, but a new beginning for AG, a member of the fabled Diggin’ In the Crates (DITC) crew, still fondly remembered by hip-hop heads for such classic tracks as “Soul Clap,” “Runaway Slave,” and “Party Groove.” AG says making Get Dirty Radio “revitalized” him as an artist, to the point where he feels he’s at the “peak” of his game, 17 years after releasing his first record. “If I’m gonna be in it, I gotta live it,” he explains. “And Imma a live it to the fullest.”

Growing up in the South Bronx’s infamous Patterson projects, AG was exposed to both street life and hip-hop at an early age. He remembers excitedly watching parties thrown by the likes of Grand Wizard Theodore, Grandmaster Flash, and the Cold Crush brothers, and being introduced to freestyling by his cousin, LB (currently a graffiti artist and graphic designer with his own clothing line.) While in high school he battled metaphor/punchline master Lord Finesse; the two hit it off, and after meeting producer/DJ Showbiz, he became a full-fledged member of DITC, along with Show, Big L (R.I.P.), Finesse, Buckwild, Diamond D, Fat Joe, and OC. Show and AG’s first EP came out in 1990; an LP, Runaway Slave, followed in 1992; both are hailed as Golden Age gems which currently demand a pretty penny on eBay.

Unfortunately, Show & AG’s 1995 album Goodfellaz got caught up in industry politics after their then-label Payday was bought by Universal. “The people in charge didn’t know anything about music,” he explains. “They didn’t do music, they didn’t live in the clubs.” Despite the setback, which cooled their momentum considerably, AG and his brethren continued to make records. 1998’s independently-released DITC album, Full Scale, moved a reported 30,000 units on vinyl and was hailed by the Source as one of the top underground albums of that year; in 1999, AG dropped his first solo album, The Dirty Version. Since then, the rapper has been sought out for guest verses on records by Dilated Peoples, Blacksheep, DJ Greyboy, Casual, and Handsome Boy Modeling School. He’s also toured numerous countries, including Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, and Japan. “I’ve been overseas a lot,” he says, noting that he’s been embraced by international audiences who appreciate hip-hop culture beyond just the current fad or trend. “They keep the real movement alive.”

In 2002, AG came across DJ Design backstage at a show in Germany. This was the first time the two reunited since 1994, when Design promoted a show in Seattle headlined by none other than Show & AG. The two discussed working together on an AG solo album, and soon after that, the rapper flew out to San Francisco to write what would become Get Dirty Radio, staying in a condo rented by Look Records, and getting inspiration from the change of scenery and California’s celebrated greenery. “It ain’t no dirt weed out there,” he says with a smile.

Initially skeptical about working with new producers, AG has come to realize that even veteran MCs have to remain relevant and contemporary. The cutout bins are littered with scores of albums by formerly great rappers who fell off or just couldn’t adapt to the current state of the hip-hop artform. Yet that’s not likely to happen with Get Dirty Radio, an album which deserves to be seen as a modern-day classic by a classic artist.

For AG, to “Get Dirty” means to take control of not just the music, but the artistic direction of his career. “We had to get our hands dirty,” he explains, adding “I think when we do it ourselves… it’s just a better result.” Dropping science, as is his custom—AG became a member of the 5% Nation while a youth, and still maintains 360 degrees of knowledge—he explains, “there’s an angle in everything you do. You just gotta find your angle without sacrificing your integrity in the music.”

With Get Dirty Radio, he says, “I think I found my angle. I figured out how to give them what they want by giving them what I want to give them, without bringing down the music. I think the music is coming back around to what we do.”

1. Frozen - Produced by Madlib
2. If I Wanna - Produced by Jake One
3. Take A Ride - Produced by Madlib
4. A Giant By Design - Produced by DJ Design
5. Yeah Nigga - Produced by Tommy Tee
6. Say Yeah - Produced by Cochise
7. Triumph - Produced by DJ Design
8. Love - Produced by Oh No
9. Pray - Produced by Tommy Tee
10. Real Right Now - Produced by DJ Design
11. We Don’t Care - Produced by Lord Finesse
12. Gigantic - Produced by Oh No
13. Hip Hop Quotable - Produced by J Dilla
14. The Struggle - Produced by Show
15. Outro - Produced by DJ Design
16. Who Dat? - Produced by DJ Design

Ссылка:
http://music.brainwash.net.ru/woycieh/AG.rar

it's a promo version, got voicecovers but it's only 2sec. in every track.

enjoy!

ХоУмИ

Спасибо всем за ссылки!!!

junkymike

woycieh

thanks
waiting for retail

Verik
Posted: 15-11-2006

у эй джи 2006 года релиз неплох. правда дизайн плохо отметился на альбоме.

realist1987

1. Still Diggin'
2. More Than One Way Out Of The Ghetto
3. Silence Of The Lambs
4. 40 Acres And My Props
5. Hard To Kill
6. He Say, She Say
7. Silence Of The Lambs (Remix)
8. Party Groove
9. Fat Pockets
10. Catchin' Wreck
Ссылка:
http://rapidshare.com/files/1970646/showbiz___ag_-_runaway_slave_instrumental_lp_-Alkapone.rar

pass:Alkapone

logist

realist1987

Maaaan!!! reupload plz! use iFolder.ru or Sendspase.com
thnx!

realist1987
Posted: 20-11-2006

Showbiz & AG - Under Pressure EP
192kbits/sec

Tracklisting:

A1
Under Pressure
A2
Stand Strong
A3
Ain't No Fun
B1
Under Pressure (Instrumental)
B2
Stand Strong (Instrumental)
B3
Ain't No Fun (Instrumental)

Ссылка:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dg3phr

Добавлено:
Showbiz & AG "Unreleased Shit" (1996ish)

Ссылка:
http://www.zshare.net/download/show-ag-unreleased-zip.html

Azauner
Posted: 20-11-2006

tnx bro!

spooz
Posted: 21-11-2006

Showbiz & A.G - Good fellas [1995]
Download

password: spooz

realist1987
Posted: 23-11-2006

Showbiz & AG- Full Scale EP [1998]
http://rapidshare.de/files/26171271/Full_S..._2001_.rar.html

pass:cyruz4titaniomp

Verik

realist1987
спасибо а нету соул клап ипи?

Добавлено:
realist1987
мля слыш прикинь пароль не подходит sad.gif

realist1987

Verik
password:cyruz4titanio

wasp-oner

не могу найти инфу (и музычку тож) таких ребят, как GHETTO DWELLAS!
ПОМОГИТЕ!

Verik
Posted: 07-12-2006

A.G. - The Dirty Version - 1999

1. Intro
2. Muddslide
3. All Eye Seeing
4. Diamond Burgos (Skit)
5. Rude Awakening
6. Mucho Susio (Skit)
7. Underground Life