Former/past member(s):
Richie Grundy - Drums
Цитата:
Discography:

Battle in the Swamp EP, 2007 
Horseback Battle Hammer EP, 2010
Цитата:
Conan 'Horseback Battle Hammer' CD/LP 2010

First off - what a fucking brilliant name. Why no band has been called Conan before, apart from some piss-poor South American rock band of the eighties, is a bit of a mystery. It is the ultimate metal name, and let me tell you this my fetid disciples of filth – it is certainly not wasted upon this fine Mersey-based power trio. Secondly, this is the biggest and warmest guitar sound and heaviest production I have heard since 'Dopesmoker' by Sleep. No shit. You may disagree. Order a copy and find out. We are talking drop F tuned guitars that hang heavy in the air like huge damp octopi and thud into the floorboards in a sickening wave of oscillating brutality. Thank Foel Studios in Wales for this cyclopean wallop in the head, and particularly to the spot-on engineering suss of Chris Fielding (ex-Agents Of Morai). What a star this guy is.

First track 'Krull' opens up like a bloody huge blanket of noise that floods your house with sheer oppressive bottom-end malevolence. Very very fucking thick, like deathly treacle, but also extremely graceful and grand. This is sloth-slow post-sludge that rotates on an axis of almost minimalist dynamics. As the echo soaked and distant sounding vocals kick in you pick up a strong comparison with the haunting sound of the Slomatics; obviously an influence, but not to the point of hollow plagiarism. A minute from the end of the track the tempo picks up and John McNulty bellows like a frosted Viking in the mist over a maelstrom of twisting raging metal.

'Satsumo' continues the gigantic sound – a slightly shorter and faster number that drives headlong upon granite-solid drumming and whirling riffs, whilst 'Dying Giant' is skyscraper in its conception. Turn the volume to maximum – the dense power of Conan's statue-sized amps is awesome. After a brilliantly bombastic and ultra-ponderous intro, Conan switch to mode B again, a pile-driving mid-tempo charge that truly sounds like the sonic interpretation of an armoured giant swinging a cruel black mace, astride a megalithic warhorse tearing into a steaming and deep crimson morass of torn warriors. This is battle sludge 2010 AD – a roaring mutation of SunnO))) and early Melvins, but with something just a little different – borne out of the North West of England, not the North West of America.

Last belter 'Sea Lord' conjures up towering cliffs jutting into a dark sky, rising out of the white foam of a violent black surf. All four tracks are superb paeans to the cathartic power of super-low electric noise and viciously smacked drums – 34 minutes of amplifier worship (thanks for that one Boris) that represents Conan's debut outing. What a debut; quite jaw dropping considering they haven't been around long and have hardly played live yet. They've already been snapped up by Throne who are doing the vinyl release and Aurora Borealis who are releasing the CD, both hip switched-on labels who know quality when they hear it. Conan swing the axe and utter a grim oath to their bloodthirsty god Crom – and just like the ultimate barbarian himself, they'll take yer fucking head off.

-www.thesleepingshaman.com
Цитата:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. seriously. guitars tuned to F. there is nothing else you need to know about this album.

holy christ its like if electric wizard was SO. MUCH. HEAVIER. and then did a split with dopesmoker.

or like if all of those novelty torche/floor songs they play where their strings are hanging off the fretboards are compiled into a cohesive album. i cant even imagine seeing this live. i would be on the floor trying to rip my own arms off and pull out my teeth it's that fucking stupid heavy.
Цитата:
This band breaks two records already. One for having the most metal name in all of metal (try and argue it, you won't win), and another for breaking a sound barrier or two with this EP.
I strongly want to relate it to Dopesmoker in terms of sound, but the guitars are tuned down to F. So, make of that what you will. You'd expect pure vibration from this, and it has it in spades. But, i'm seriously loving the mid tempo grooves they kick in and out of a couple times.

I have no other words for this. It just rules....I should be pissed because no one will sound this heavy ever again.

это бл? мощщщщщщщаа!!! мощщщьь бл*!!! гитарищщще просто гигантозаурус какой-то весом под 9 тонн! вокал вот спорный вопрос для меня лично. интересно было бы, если б у них на вокале был демонический звероид по типу Учино - горлопана COFFINS, или Кохки - голосового ультрамутанта могучих DOT[.]. вот тогда наверно было бы просто идеально. ну а так у них вокал чистый. мужик орет просто чистым вокалом. хотя может это и добавляет им особенности... самый крутой трек на пластинке для меня Satsumo!!
я так понял они сами чо то химичат специально со своей аппаратурой дабы достигать столь жыыырного звука.
по фоткам на майспейсе можно сделать такое предположение... хотя, может я и ошибаюсь. гитаррро порой чуть ли не sunn o))) напоминает. ну или кого там еще.. вобщем жуть. очень плотные ублюдки. альбом вышел на диске - на Аврора Бореалис, на виниле - на ванючем Троне Рекордс.
если у вас слабенькая маленькая акустика на компе, то практически бесполезно ЭТО слушать. т.к. токо серьезная акустика сможет передать всю мускулистость и жыыырность этих ублюдков. так или иначе, альбом качаем, пену из рота пускаем, патлой трясем, жопой в пляске трясем, потом комент отрыгиваем!!
------
http://www.myspace.com/conandoomconan
http://www.aurora-b.com/intro.php
thanks men, downloading now!, post comment later
Master Blog on Blogosphere
The Lost Patagonian Selk'nam
ok man, thanks! hehe, be careful.. they are really fucking dense! super.gif
грязно и сочно
качает
Pass?
it's always goes after the link. so now it is возвращениепокахонтаса
well i'm try but don't read you types
codes
судя по фотке оборудования ваще не санн)

Добавлено:
ariamihc
Цитата:
я так понял они сами чо то химичат специально со своей аппаратурой дабы достигать столь жыыырного звука.

Цитата:
guitars tuned to F. there is nothing else you need to know about this album.

biggrin.gif

Добавлено:
мне нравится, очень даже, от звука осталась почти одна вибрация) ортодокс кейвмен дум)
тяжесть нее*ическая. и вокал круто вписывается рили
картинка, оставленная пользователем
teeth.gif

помимо F еще и химичат наверноteeth.gif позырь тут
подписи фоток наподобие Nearly Ready -> Finished ... наводят на такую мысль.. ph34r.gif
про тяжесть точно подметил. ваще силачи super.gif
вот дослушал до конца и должен сказать что мужики неухенски шарят в звуке

thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

Добавлено:
такой океан баса и голос круто вписывется и работа художественная крайне

Добавлено:
гир отличный
имхо знают свое дело thumb.gif
ну вокал ничо так, хоть и чистый.. ладно хоть не как в power metal teeth.gif
слушаю третий раз уже подряд
очень круто
CONAN— 01.01.2008 — KRULL live @ KOROVA Liverpool. November 2007.

CONAN — 01.01.2008 — SATSUMO live @ KOROVA Liverpool. November 2007.

видосы с их первого выступления. п?здец перегруз...
ещо видос на трек KRULL (тут звук получше хоть..):

а вот тут можно закачать их демо super.gif

Это сообщение отредактировал ariamihc - 29.04.10 в 20:25
невероятно крутой альбом thumb.gif настоящее болото , реально затягивает !!!

CONAN - 2007 - BATTLE IN THE SWAMP

1. Battle In The Swamp 04:29
2. Satsumo 06:16
3. Temple Of Mu 06:17
4. Krull 11:07

сцылко [@vbr / ~32,5 унций / мехопорн] / яначетвертомкурсеинебудуотрабатыват ь
Цитата:
Conan - Battle in the Swamp 

EP, Self-released

мощщщи то ещо нет тут у них. рубят всего вдвоем. звук совсем другой. а к 10му году да, разжирели ах?енна!

Добавлено:
еб?чий мягкий знак!! какого х?я он не присоединяетсо??

Это сообщение отредактировал ariamihc - 29.04.10 в 22:11

Этот топик читают:

86 ответов с 28.04.10 в 20:08
Назад в Experimental