Charlemagne Palestine

Avantgarde / Classical / Minimal / USA / American minimalist composer, performer,
Charlemagne Palestine

картинка, оставленная пользователем

Цитата:
Charlemagne Palestine (born Charles Martin or Chaim Moshe Tzadik Palestine August 15, 1945, or 1947, in Brooklyn, New York) is an American minimalist composer, performer, and visual artist. Palestine has studied at New York University, Columbia University, Mannes College of Music, and the California Institute of the Arts.

A contemporary of Philip Glass, Terry Riley, Phill Niblock, and Steve Reich, Palestine wrote intense, ritualistic music in the 1970s, intended by the composer to rub against Western audiences’ expectations of what is beautiful and meaningful in music. A composer-performer originally trained to be a cantor, he always performed his own works as soloist. His earliest works were compositions for carillon and electronic drones, and he is perhaps best known for his intensely performed piano works. He also performs as a vocalist: in Karenina he sings in the countertenor register and in other works he sings long tones with gradually shifting vowels and overtones while moving through the performance space or performing repeated actions such as throwing himself onto his hands.

Palestine's Strumming Music (1974) remains his best-known work. It features over 45 minutes of Palestine forcefully playing two notes in rapid alternation that slowly expand into clusters. He performed this on a nine-foot Bösendorfer grand piano with the sustain pedal depressed for the entire length of the work. As the music swells (and the piano gradually detunes), the overtones build and the listener can hear a variety of timbres rarely produced by the piano.[1] A recording of Strumming Music was also Palestine's second vinyl album in the 1970s, reissued on CD in 1991. Since then, several additional recordings (featuring Palestine on piano, organ, harmonium, and voice) from the 1970s—including new recordings of more recent works such as Schlingen-Blängen—have become available.

Palestine's performance style is ritualistic: he generally surrounds himself (and his piano) with stuffed animals, smokes large numbers of kretek (Indonesian clove cigarettes), and drinks cognac.

Music critic and scholar Kyle Gann named Palestine composer of the month in June 2005.

Charlemagne_Palestine-Strumming_Music_For_Piano_Harpsichord_and_Strings_Ensemble-3CD-2010-BCC
Ссылка:
http://hotfile.com/dl/76728014/69c9a2e/Charlemagne_Palestine-Strumming_Music_For_Piano_Harpsichord_and_Strings_Ensemble-3CD-2010-BCC.rar.html

Charlemagne_Palestine_-_Strumming_Music
Ссылка:

http://rapidshare.com/files/423095034/Charlemagne_Palestine_-_Strumming_Music.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/423096451/Charlemagne_Palestine_-_Strumming_Music.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/423103274/Charlemagne_Palestine_-_Strumming_Music.part3.rar
I love Welle:Erdball and i wanna go funky!!
Charlemagne Palestine - Voice Studies
2008 | Vinyl | Alga Marghen | planaP19VocSon072

A1 Surrealistic Studies I 3:03
A2 Surrealistic Studies II 1:31
A3 Surrealistic Studies III 0:46
A4 Voice + Piano Study I 5:48
A5 Voice + Piano Study II 5:08
B1 Voice Study 11:09
B2 Beauty Chord + Voice 6:20

Цитата:
This special new edition of the now long sold out Charlemagne Palestine Voice Studies LP, pressed on dark blue vinyl and featuring a new sleeve layout, was included in the Avant Marghen Volume Four 7LP boxset edition limited to 80 numbered copies. Extra copies of this same edition are now available for sale, separately from the boxset edition. Palestine's introduction to music or sound was first with his own voice. This LP includes the very early Surrealistic Studies, using a Webcor reel-to-reel tape recorder, discovering a technique of shouting into the microphone and immediately pulling it out, creating an interior echo chamber where the sound would turn around on itself, changing and distorting. Voice + Piano Study I & II are short and beautiful piano improvisation with tape superimposition of accelerated voice pieces. In Voice Study Charlemagne sings in a falsetto duet with himself on two separate tracks in a resonant space, searching for intervals that resonate together and respond like electronic sound wave oscillators played against each other."

ifolder

Charlemagne Palestine - Relationship Studies
2010 | Vinyl | Alga Marghen | planaPalga031

A Relationship Studies No. 1 18:20
B Electronic 18:25

Цитата:
"Relationship Studies LP includes 2 seminal electronic music radical realizations by Charlemagne Palestine, or 'Relationship Study No. 1' (1967) and the generally titled 'Electronic' from the same year. Sounds in motion like race cars, motor cycles, war planes, rocket ships excited Charlemagne sonic imagination when we was still a young teenager. Then came the experience of listening to the electronic music of Tod Dockstader, Alwyn Nikolais, Pierre Henry and Pierre Schaffer, Xenakis and Poème Electronique by Edgar Varese. Immediately fascinated, Charlemagne Palestine bought primitive electronic equipment and started to experiment, creating his original electronic-esque language. The two previously unreleased 18 minute masterpieces presented here directly come from this early period of intense experimentations in a fluid, ever-changing mix of adding and filtering white noise and simple sine tone generators. Both pieces are late night compositions created at the electronic music studio of the New York N.Y.U. Intermedia Center using Buchla 100 and Buchla 200 systems. Even if dating back from the mid-1960s, these intense sonorities might very much recall the best early power electronic scene from the late 1970s, in particular to the first brut music works created by Maurizio Bianchi. For sure they represent a very unique and inspiring approach to electronic creation, sounding more and more actual and surprising nowadays. Edition limited to 350 copies."

ifolder

“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music.
I see my life in terms of music.” - Albert Einstein

Perhaps we would have played his track on this mix too.

Tracklist:

The Shadow Ring - Start Repeating | Kye
Charlemagne Palestine - Open + Closing | Alga Marghen
Gil Mellé - Desert Trip | Intrada
Cluster & Eno - One | Bureau B
Origami Galaktika - Vennad Valgusis | Jester
Dead Letters Spell Out Dead Words - Himmelschreibende Herzen | iDeal
Clem Leek - Mystery Moor | Hibernate
John Duncan - Mass | Extreme
Maska Genetik – Ocean | Galakthorrö
Russian Tsarlag - A Thousand Tombs | Hexagon Tapes
Simon Scott - The Acc | Miasmah
Oneida - Pre-Human | Jagjaguwar
Éric La Casa - Dundee 2 | Room40
Birds Of Passage - Disaster Of Dreams | Denovali
Spartak - The Waves To The Rails | Low Point
Zelienople – Something Wrong And Right | Under The Spire
Efrim Manuel Menuck - Kaddish For Chesnutt | Constellation

DOWNLOAD
A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.
Plato
day of the demons (w/ janek schaefer) anyone please?
ytkonos,here it is. day of the deamons I found this link after a long research and this link is not mine. I hope i don't break the forums rules; if it's the case,please let me know.
can someone re up Charlemagne Palestine - Voice Studies please?
Charlemagne Palestine - Interrvallissphereee (Blue TB7 Series) (2018) V0 psw: FS
anyone have Ttuunneesszz Duh Rruunneesszz (Blue TB7 Series)

much thanks
Цитата: @evwar
anyone have Ttuunneesszz Duh Rruunneesszz (Blue TB7 Series)

much thanks

Ссылка:
https://www118.zippyshare.com/v/4VanMuUt/file.html
rqst in pm - https://t.me/SVFLC - flac`s

Открытие января CLANN - Seelie (2017) - Violin, Downtempo, Female Vocal, Trip-Hop
Скрытый текст / Hidden text
Cheers!
Charlemagne Palestine & Rrose - The Goldennn Meeenn & Sheeenn

(Eaux, 2019) [320]

dl

Этот топик читают:

13 ответов с 30.11.10 в 16:36
Назад в Classical music