Тот альбом, который обещали в 2015, выйдет слегка позже

Nile Rodgers Announces New Chic Album Out 2017

In 2015, it was announced that Nile Rodgers would release a new Chic album, It’s About Time. It was originally scheduled for a summer 2015 release, but never arrived. Now, in a post to his website, Rodgers has announced that the band’s follow-up to 1992’s Chic-Ism will arrive in 2017, the 40-year anniversary of the band’s formation as well as the 40-year anniversary of Studio 54’s opening. “In 2017, we will pay homage to the club that put us on the international map by doing a series of concerts, afterparties, VIP Packages, films and singles,” his statement reads. “Then drop the full album along with a BIG SURPRISE!”

Rodgers also explained that in addition to wanting to line up the release of It’s About Time with the anniversaries, he also wanted to hold off because of all the musician deaths that occurred in 2016. “When Prince suddenly died, it was like I'd been struck by lighting twice,” his statement reads. “In 2016, I couldn't release an album about the joy of life in A Year of So Many Deaths.” Elsewhere in the statement, he paid tribute to David Bowie, calling their collaboration “Let’s Dance” “one of the highest plateaus in my career.” Read the full post here.

пыч

Это сообщение отредактировал FreakII - 20.12.16 в 0:01
Мемчи́ки - эта абщение с илитай. Эта не толька шутки пра тваю мамашу, но и шутки пра мамашу админа. Мемчи́ки - эта гигабайты тральских шутак. Мемчи́ки - эта абщение. Мемчи́ки - эта тралинк лалак. Мемчи́-и-и-и-и-и-ки!!!
Nile Rodgers Hospitalized, Misses Chic Show

Nile Rodgers was hospitalized in Toronto last night, forcing him to miss Chic’s concert with Earth, Wine & Fire at the Air Canada Center. Rodgers shared the news via Twitter, saying, “my doctors [are] taking great care of me”; Pitchfork has emailed his representatives to determine the cause. “I've never missed one gig in my life,” he wrote to a fan on Twitter. “Well, it’s been that way till now. The Dr. caught me trying to sneak out.” As well as touring, the Chic co-founder, who survived cancer earlier in the decade, has been working on a new Chic album, It’s About Time, set for release this year.

пыч
Мемчи́ки - эта абщение с илитай. Эта не толька шутки пра тваю мамашу, но и шутки пра мамашу админа. Мемчи́ки - эта гигабайты тральских шутак. Мемчи́ки - эта абщение. Мемчи́ки - эта тралинк лалак. Мемчи́-и-и-и-и-и-ки!!!
Nile Rodgers Reveals Recent Cancer Surgery, Says Prognosis Is “100% Recovery”

Nile Rodgers has shared an intimate blog post discussing recent health scares, including a hospitalization earlier this year. In the blog post, Rodgers reveals that the August hospitalization was due to an E.coli infection, which forced him to miss a Chic concert with Earth, Wind & Fire. He writes that, while at the hospital, doctors discovered a mysterious growth that turned out to be “two different cancers within one mass.” (He survived another cancer earlier this decade.) Rodgers is currently cancer-free, he’s revealed, after undergoing surgery to remove the mass.

“My prognosis is 100% recovery,” he writes. “You can start dancing, singing and cheering now!” Rodgers writes that the surgery forced him to postpone plans for this year, but notes, “What will happen next year is beyond any of my wildest dreams.”

пыч
картинка, оставленная пользователем

Nile Rodgers Says Haim, Bruno Mars, More Working on New CHIC Album

CHIC’s Nile Rodgers stopped by Pitchfork Radio yesterday at Coachella. During his conversation with host Elia Einhorn, he revealed some of the collaborators that Chic had been working with for their long-awaited album, It’s About Time.

Rodgers mentioned that the group had been in the studio with Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Craig David, Stefflon Don, Nao, Mura Masa, and Blondie’s Debbie Harry for the new project. He also explained how the Bruno Mars collaboration unexpectedly came together. “Anderson .Paak and I—we had a few days, and he was opening for [Bruno Mars] while he was in the UK,” said to Einhorn. “And Bruno was like, ‘Damn, I gotta stop by and hang with y’all.’ So we sat around telling great Prince stories and finally we got down, and Bruno came up with an idea and said, ‘Damn, I wonder why nobody’s done this.’ So we decided to get down and do it.”

Rodgers said that they had also plans to record with Haim in “a couple weeks or so.” He continued to tease that Chic and Haim could make surprise appearances at each other’s sets in the near future. “For the next two years, whenever you see Haim doing a live show and you see Chic doing a live show... just see if either of the two bands winds up playing with the other one,” he said. “Even unannounced. Because on the red carpet the other day, we challenged each other to a battle of the bands. And I love Haim. They said, ‘We will kick any band’s ass!’ I said, ‘I will happily take the challenge.’”

It’s About Time was originally scheduled for release in 2015, but has been pushed back several times. Rodgers was hospitalized last year, causing him to miss a CHIC show. He later revealed that he’d been diagnosed with cancer, but later updated fans, saying, “My prognosis is 100% recovery.” He recently told Billboard that the new Chic album is “absolutely coming this year.”

пыч
картинка, оставленная пользователем

Nile Rodgers Breaks His Nose After Falling in His Studio

Chic’s Nile Rodgers had a health scare when he tripped on his studio’s stairs and broke his nose. He shared the news with a graphic video, which can be seen on Instagram. Rodgers is shown on the floor gripping his face surrounded by puddles of blood. He can be heard saying that they’d better get to the hospital. “Who’s life more #crazy than mine,” he asked in the video’s caption.

расчлененка внутри

See Nile Rodgers & Chic Debut 'Boogie All Night' With NAO, Mura Masa

Nile Rodgers & Chic debuted a funky new song titled "Boogie All Night" with singers NAO and Mura Masa Tuesday on Later… With Jools Holland. The song will feature on Chic's upcoming album It's About Time.

"I've had the great privilege of producing some of the greatest artists in the world so when it came time to collaborating for my own record the barometer was shall we say pretty high," Rodgers said of the performance in a statement. "Nao, Mura Masa and Cosha were important to me and to be able to debut the songs we wrote live with them on Later... With Jools before we've even put out recorded versions makes it even more special."

In an interview with V Magazine, Rodgers explained how the "Boogie All Night" collaboration came together.

"I had been hanging out in England and had been with so many English artists that were brand new, and with Disclosure, and one of my favorite artists is NAO," Rodgers said. "She kicks my ass. I was like, 'I have to find her,' and I tracked her down. She had this incredible attitude of whatever you want, I’ll sing. We were in the studio all night long. Finally, I take a picture of Mura Masa, NAO, and myself out in front of Abbey Road at like five in the morning because we had been going all night. And then we wind up with a song called 'Boogie All Night.' It's killing."

Rodgers & Chic's long-awaited, oft-delayed It's About Time, the group's first album since 1992's Chic-ism, arrives on September 7th; the album's first official single "Till the World Falls" – featuring Mura Masa, Anderson .Paak, Vic Mensa and Cosha – hits June 22nd. Rodgers also unveiled It's About Time's cover image, a nod to the iconic image that adorned the band's 1977 debut LP.

Rodgers added, "When I first came up with the concept for the first Chic album cover more than 40 years ago it was a deliberate statement that we could all be abundant, we could all be with the beautiful people, we could all be included, we could all have good times. Looking at the world today for the release of It’s About Time I felt that it was important to make those statements again for a new generation."

RS

Hear Nile Rodgers & Chic Team With Vic Mensa on Ecstatic 'Till the World Falls'

Nile Rodgers & Chic team with Vic Mensa on their new single "Till the World Falls," the latest preview off It's About Time, the legendary funk band's first album in 26 years.

Like "Boogie All Night," "Till the World Falls" features contributions from key Rodgers collaborators Mura Masa and NAO, who co-wrote the track. Singer Cosha supplies the main vocals on the track, while Anderson .Paak is also listed among the track's co-writers.

The ecstatic track turns Armageddon into a dance party – "We're the survivors," Cosha exclaims on the opening verse – that unfolds around one of Rodgers' signature guitar riffs. Two minutes in, Mensa stops by to deliver a celebratory verse. "You gotta have a song when the world falls down so just keep dancing," the rapper says.

"I've had the great privilege of producing some of the most important artists in the world so when it came time to collaborating for my own record the barometer was shall we say pretty high," Rodgers said in a statement of It's About Time's guest artists.

Mura Masa added, "Working with Nile at Abbey Road was so enjoyable. It’s breathtaking to see a man who has been working and striving towards greatness for so long approaching the writing and recording process with the same joy and passion that he always has. Truly an amazing learning experience and a wild fever dream come true."

RS
Nile Rodgers & Chic Tap Craig David and Stefflon Don for New Song: Listen

Nile Rodgers & Chic have enlisted Craig David and Stefflon Don for a new song. Listen to “Sober” below.

“Sober” is set to appear on Chic’s forthcoming album It’s About Time. Their first new full-length in 26 years arrives on September 14 (after originally being scheduled for September 7).

пыч
Nile Rodgers and Chic Touring With Cher

Last week, Cher announced the Here We Go Again Tour behind her new ABBA tribute album Dancing Queen, which is out out September 28. Today, she’s revealed that she’ll be touring with special guests Nile Rodgers & Chic. Cher and Chic will be hitting the road in January. The North American tour ends in May. View their full itinerary and purchase tickets here.

пыч
Выложите новый альбом, пожалуйста!)
Nile Rodgers Can’t Stop

“I cannot believe the amount of times that I’ve cheated death and was aware of it. So many close calls, from cancer twice to boating accidents to my heart stopping eight times in one night. I can’t imagine how many times I’ve cheated death and didn’t even know it.”

Nile Rodgers, the disco pioneer and Chic mastermind turned hitmaker-for-hire, is sitting in the New York office of high-end watchmaker Bulova, stoically reminiscing about death and time. He is, as always, impeccably dressed and impossibly suave — a born charmer living the next chapter of his Behind the Music–ready life.

Technically speaking, Rodgers’ actual Behind the Music episode would’ve ended the second Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky,” the 2012 worldwide hit recorded by the group, Rodgers and Pharrell Williams, became a smash — the late-in-life swan song that caps off the career of one of music’s most successful producers. In reality, it kickstarted a career resurgence that has made Rodgers, again, a perpetually in-demand producer and musician, giving him the capital to release, for the first time in 26 years, a new Chic album called It’s About Time.

читать

Этот топик читают:

41 ответов с 19.08.08 в 21:29
Назад в Jazz/Blues/Country/Soul/Funk