David Byrne Announces New Album American Utopia, Shares New Song: Listen

David Byrne has announced a new album: American Utopia arrives March 9 via Todomundo/Nonesuch. It was made in collaboration with producers Brian Eno and Rodaidh McDonald (The xx, King Krule), as well as contributors Oneohtrix Point Never, Jam City, Doveman, Jack Peñate, and others. It marks Byrne’s first solo album since 2004’s Grown Backwards.

пыч
Мемчи́ки - эта абщение с илитай. Эта не толька шутки пра тваю мамашу, но и шутки пра мамашу админа. Мемчи́ки - эта гигабайты тральских шутак. Мемчи́ки - эта абщение. Мемчи́ки - эта тралинк лалак. Мемчи́-и-и-и-и-и-ки!!!
David Byrne Expands 'American Utopia' Tour

David Byrne has extended his North American tour in support of his upcoming new album, American Utopia.

The new set of dates begins with a performance at the first week of Coachella, followed by an April 15th show in Tuscon, Arizona. Byrne will play a string of southwest dates before returning to Coachella for week two, after which he'll trek across North America with stops in Dallas, San Antonio, Nashville, Washington D.C., Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Portland and Chicago before wrapping June 9th in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Byrne will tour Europe throughout June and July, but has another North American run scheduled to start July 27th in Camden, New Jersey and end August 28th in Morrison, Colorado. Complete ticket information for both legs of Byrne's North American tour is available on the musician's website.

Byrne is already scheduled to play a string of sold-out U.S. shows this March alongside several South American dates. When he announced this first run, Byrne said the set list would feature new songs and Talking Heads classics. "This is the most ambitious show I've done since the shows that were filmed for Stop Making Sense, so fingers crossed," the musician said.

American Utopia arrives March 9th and marks Byrne's first solo album since 2004's Grown Backwards. The musician previously shared the LP's first single, "Everybody's Coming to My House," which was co-written with Brian Eno and features contributions from Sampha, TTY and Onyx Collective's Isaiah Barr.

много
April 14 – Indio, CA @ Coachella
April 15 – Tucson, AZ @ Centennial Hall
April 17 – San Diego, CA @ San Diego Civic Theater
April 18 – Las Vegas, NV @ Smith Center for the Arts
April 19 – Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Arts Center-Ikeda Theater
April 21 – Indio, CA @ Coachella
April 24 – Dallas, TX @ Winspear Opera House
April 25 – Oklahoma City, OK @ The Criterion
April 27 – San Antonio, TX @ Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
April 28 – Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall Outside Lawn
May 4 - May 6 – Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees
May 6 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
May 8 – Asheville, NC @ Thomas Wolfe Civic Auditorium
May 9 – Charlotte, NC @ Ovens Auditorium
May 10 – Durham PAC @ Durham, NC
May 12 – Washington, DC @ The Anthem
May 13 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Benedum Center for the Arts
May 15 – Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theater
May 16 – Madison, WI @ Orpheum Theater
May 17 – Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
May 19 – Saskatoon, SASK @ TCU Place
May 20 – Edmonton, ALB @ Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
May 21 – Calgary, ALB @ Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
May 23 – Vancouver, BC @ Queen Elizabeth Theater
May 24 – Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theater
May 27 – Portland, OR @ Keller Audiorium
May 28 – Eugene, OR @ Hult Center
May 30 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Capitol Theatre
June 2 – Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theater
June 5 – Des Moines, IA @ Des Moines Civic Center
June 7 – Kansas City, MO @ Kauffman Center for the Arts
June 8 – St. Louis, MO @ Peabody Opera House
June 9 – Indianapolis, IN @ Farmers Bureau Lawn Amphitheater
July 27 – Camden, NJ @ XPoNential Music Festival
July 31 – Boston, MA @ Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
August 3 – Toronto, ONT @ Sony Center for the Performing Arts
August 5 – Canandaigua, NY @ Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center
August 8 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Devos Performance Hall
August 10 – Detroit, MI @ Fox Theater
August 11 – Huber Heightes, OH @ Rose Music Center
August 12 – Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavilion at Riverbend
August 16 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
August 18 – San Jose, CA @ City National Civic Auditorium
August 21 – Sacramento CA @ Community Theater
August 24 – Santa Barbara, CA @ Santa Barbara Bowl
August 28 – Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheater

RS

Это сообщение отредактировал FreakII - 18.01.18 в 11:56
Мемчи́ки - эта абщение с илитай. Эта не толька шутки пра тваю мамашу, но и шутки пра мамашу админа. Мемчи́ки - эта гигабайты тральских шутак. Мемчи́ки - эта абщение. Мемчи́ки - эта тралинк лалак. Мемчи́-и-и-и-и-и-ки!!!
Watch David Byrne and a Massive Choir Cover David Bowie and Madonna

Choir! Choir! Choir! is a Toronto-based group that offers open participation in public sing-alongs. Last weekend, David Byrne joined the throng for a cover of David Bowie’s “Heroes,” as Stereogum notes. The performance took place at New York’s Public Theater as part of this year’s Under the Radar Festival. Below, watch clips of Byrne and the group’s founders, Daveed Goldman and Nobu Adilman, singing along with the large crowd. In addition, scroll down to watch Byrne and Choir! Choir! Choir!’s take on Madonna’s “Borderline,” via Brooklyn Vegan.

пыч
Listen to David Byrne and Oneohtrix Point Never’s New Song “This Is That”

David Byrne has shared “This Is That,” a new song from his upcoming album, American Utopia. It’s a collaboration with Oneohtrix Point Never. Listen to the track at BBC Radio 6 (it begins around 1:50:45).

тут
Бирн и нью-йоркцы поют хором Heroes Боуи

David Byrne on Trump, Cultural Appropriation and Why He Won't Reunite Talking Heads

небольшое интервью

Hear David Byrne Team With Oneohtrix Point Never on 'This Is That'

David Byrne teams with producer Oneohtrix Point Never for the new song "This Is That," the latest offering from the former Talking Heads singer's upcoming LP, American Utopia.

Over sparse beats manipulated pianos and icy synths, Byrne sings, "That's when I got your message / That's when I sing this song / That's when he says it's over / That's when my life is in your hands now / That's when I call you up / That's when my river overflows / That's when I use my cash card / That's when I think of who you are."

Speaking to Rolling Stone about the pop-oriented sound of his new album, Byrne said, "I'm comfortable with that partly because the lyrics are so very, very far away from what you would hear in a normal pop song. I mean, with a lot of artists I just go, 'You've gotta write about something other than your boyfriend and your girlfriend! The world is a big place. You're not 18 anymore – you can do this!'"

American Utopia, Byrne's first solo album since 2004's Grown Backwards, arrives March 6th.

RS
картинка, оставленная пользователем

Listen to David Byrne’s New Album American Utopia

David Byrne’ new album American Utopia is now streaming. Check it out over at NPR. The album features Byrne’s previously released collaboration with Oneohtrix Point Never, as well as songs with Jam City, Sampha, and Brian Eno, who also co-produces.

пыч

David Byrne – American Utopia (2018)
MP3
CBR 320 kbps
85,7 MB
Tracklist:
01 – I Dance Like This
02 – Gasoline and Dirty Sheets
03 – Every Day Is a Miracle
04 – Dog’s Mind
05 – This Is That
06 – It’s Not Dark Up Here
07 – Bullet
08 – Doing the Right Thing
09 – Everybody’s Coming To My House
10 – Here

https://www.file-upload.com/hi744bf58q6n

David Byrne: 'I Regret Not Hiring Women' for New Album

David Byrne apologized on Monday for failing to incorporate female artists into his upcoming American Utopia album – a project that includes collaborations with some two dozen musicians and producers.

Byrne posted a contrite note on Instagram, acknowledging his mistake and how it contributed to gender inequity in popular music. "This lack of representation is something that is problematic and widespread in our industry," he wrote. He added, "I regret not hiring and collaborating with women for this album – it's ridiculous," bolding and underlining the sentence for extra emphasis.

Byrne noted that he has collaborated with women frequently on previous projects: "It certainly doesn't match how I've worked in the past." He also suggested that his upcoming live performances, which he has called "the most ambitious show[s] … since the shows that were filmed for Stop Making Sense," feature "a slew of diverse creators and collaborators."

But Byrne did not let himself off the hook, pointing out that the diversity of his tour makes his album's monolithic male-ness seem "even more negligent." "It's hard to realize that no matter how much effort you spend nudging the world in what you hope is the right direction, sometimes you are part of the problem," he added. "I never thought of myself as being 'one of those guys,' but I guess to some extent I am."

RS
Цитата: savabla
David Byrne – American Utopia (2018)
Очень крутой объемный звук, подобный был на "Remain the Light".
Фавориты после нескольких прослушиваний: Gasoline and Dirty Sheets, Dog’s Mind,
Doing the Right Thing, Everybody’s Coming To My House, Here.

01 - I Dance Like This
02 - Gasoline And Dirty Sheets
03 - Every Day Is A Miracle
04 - Dog’s Mind
05 - This Is That
06 - It’s Not Dark Up Here
07 - Bullet
08 - Doing The Right Thing
09 - Everybody’s Coming To My House
10 - Here

FLAC (WEB), 238 Mb
Zippyshare Yandex Mediafire

320 kbps (FLAC-Rip), 87 Mb
Zippyshare Yandex Mediafire

Review: David Byrne Throws a Weird Party in His Mind on 'American Utopia'

David Byrne's distinctive vision – a winsomely-skewed clarity – is usually most compelling when trained on scary stuff, be it psycho killers, zealous baptism metaphors, warning signs of things to come, or the sudden strangeness of one's beautiful house and beautiful wife. Lately, we've no shortage of scary stuff, and it's encouraging that Byrne's latest solo set is willing to go there. When it does, rhythms and racket ratcheting up accordingly, American Utopia – abetted by an old comrade (Brian Eno, contributing beats) and new ones (Daniel "Oneohtrix Point Never" Lopatin, Sampha/XX producer Rodaidh McDonald) – boasts some of the most exciting music Byrne has made in years.

The balance of light and dark is especially compelling on "Bullet," a travelogue of just that ("His skin did part in two/Skin that women had touched") and "Everybody's Comin' to My House," a sort of agoraphobic's kidnapping fantasy. There are ambient meditations as well as bracingly kinetic moments, like the electronic freakout in "Doing the Right Thing," and the chorus outbursts on "I Dance Like This," which conjure the datastorm of My Life in the Bush of Ghosts and the disorientation of Fear of Music's "Drugs." Byrne delivers some impressively wicked guitar outbursts, too. But the frantic segments generally recede too soon, supplanted by more less-anxious downtempo bits. Often, in the spirit of Byrne's inspiring Reasons to Be Cheerful website and lecture tour, these are inspiring, i.e., the deliciously slo-mo soca groove of "Every Day Is a Miracle." For this writer, however, the most agitated parts are the most comforting. Maybe I should see someone about this. Yet it speaks to an artist who's long made a career of transforming uneasiness into bliss. In Byrne's work, anxiety always loves company.

RS: 3.5 / 5
David_Byrne-American_Utopia-2018-FATHEAD

NFO
ARTIST: David Byrne
TITLE: American Utopia
LABEL: Nonesuch/Todomundo
GENRE: Rock
TYPE: Normal
SOURCE: CD
ENCODER: Lame 3.98 -V0 --vbr-new
BITRATE: 236kbps avg
PLAYTIME: 0h 37min total