На discogs определили стиль\жанр как Electronic\IDM, хотя я склоняюсь к тому что некоторые композиции уходят в сторону post-rock
DoF - Sun, Strength, And Shield
картинка, оставленная пользователем
Label: Abandon Building Records
Catalog#: abr004
Format: CD
Released: Aug 2006
Genre: Electronic
Style: IDM

Tracklisting:
1 Last Night Static (4:02)
2 A Compass Rose (4:21)
3 Place Over Paint (3:19)
4 Health Of The State (4:19)
5 Sunday (3:23)
6 Explosions Over Baseball Fields (4:22)
7 My Phoenix (6:22)
8 Proli, The Imposter (2:59)
9 Reality Is Phonetic (3:40)
10 The Light Village (3:27)
11 Splintered Wormwood (4:36)
12 Scant And Pale (4:25)
http://ifolder.ru/5488683

DoF - Words For A Musical
Label: Highpoint Lowlife
Catalog#: HPW 001
Format: File, MP3
Released: 01 Aug 2003

Tracklisting:
1 A Changeless Grin (6:06)
2 Radiance (4:07)
3 They Know Its Fire (5:00)
4 Lock (3:57)
5 Cardboard Faces (4:11)
http://ifolder.ru/5488818

DoF - A Year In Waiting
Label: Drift Records
Catalog#: DRIFT002
Format: File, MP3
Released: 21 Jun 2005

Tracklisting:
1 Janurary (3:40)
2 February (4:14)
3 March (4:38)
4 April (3:38)
5 May (4:49)
6 June (4:05)
7 July (3:06)
8 August (5:52)
9 September (4:03)
10 October (5:02)
11 November (4:21)
12 December (5:36)
http://ia360921.us.archive.org/3/items/dri..._In_Waiting.zip

tnx harlequin

http://music.pronskiy.ru/Dof/
здесь еще парочка ремиксов.

Возможно кто-то изъявит желание поделиться другими релизами, или более высоким качеством...
спасибо =)

Это сообщение отредактировал Hipgnosis - 17.04.08 в 6:55
"A Year In Waiting" it's free and probably the best work of DoF, the rest is average to me. To many IDM artist falling in the boring post rock/shoegazer scene, really a pity.
TGB72
I am listening to DoF - Sun, Strength, And Shield, it is much lushful than DoF - A Year In Waiting and I like it too. My very favourite genre is intelligent pop and this is almost like it. Like Bent or Frou Frou. I say: thumb.gif
If you need any reupload of my post PM me.
My uploads >>> here <<<

>>>My MixCloud<<<
I'm not much into intelligent pop stuff, even more I'm not much in anything with the suffix pop but in a second listen "Sun, Strength, And Shield" sounds insteresting smile.gif
TGB72
Do you know Bent? Try it, it is someting like indietronic (pre-indietronic bcause it is much older) but very listenable and it is pop for sure. I am recommend you albums Bent-Ariels and Bent-Programmed to Love. I guess you could like it. Newer bands such as Psapp or Ms. John Soda is great too. Try it , you will discover new sky for your wings. You cannot hide yourself in "IDM underground" forever. I have discovered that better way than posse "I am listening intellectual music althought it is little bit boring (but I will never say this loud).! is "Gimme some groove and fun, something I can fall in love with! Something I can like." Think about it brother.
My uploads >>> here <<<

>>>My MixCloud<<<
Well maoc

Цитата:
I am recommend you albums Bent-Ariels and Bent-Programmed to Love. I guess you could like it. Newer bands such as Psapp or Ms. John Soda is great too. Try it , you will discover new sky for your wings.

I listened those artist before, kinda liked Psapp and I've and listened too most of the stuff of Morr including Ms. John Soda but it's definitively not the music that I enjoy the most.

Цитата:
You cannot hide yourself in "IDM underground" forever.

I'm not hiding behind any genre/style, I stated very clear in other post (more exactly here) that I'm open to any genre/style of music but it's a fact that in order that some music likes me it have to produce something in me while I'm listening it, and these "intelligent pop" it doesn't.
Otherwise I'm not listening all the day IDM, now for example I'm listening Sirocco by Paco De Lucia and I love it, this morning I wake up with Sisters Of Mercy, and then I put some B52 stuff.

Цитата:
I have discovered that better way than posse "I am listening intellectual music althought it is little bit boring (but I will never say this loud).! is "Gimme some groove and fun, something I can fall in love with! Something I can like." Think about it brother.

Well talk for yourself pal, I'm not possing at all, I don't think that this so called IDM (tag that btw I don't share, since the "Intelligent" of this music is relative, and most of it definitively it's not danceable) is boring at all, at least for me, I enjoy it very much.
Otherwise I listen all the time "something I can fall in love with", I love Sade, Sting, Stevie Wonder, Seal, Barry White, Tori Amos, Norah Jones... I listen all the time "some groove and fun" music, I love Brooklyn Funk essentials, Dephazz, Mondo Grosso, Jazzatronik, Jazzanova, Nicola Conte, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Nuspirit Helsinki, Riovolt, Clara hill (I love her voice), Moloko, S-tone Inc, Hextatic, Funki Porcini, Beatfanatic... just to name a few.
No mention mention all the non electronic music that I listen, keep in mind that I came from rock, I used to play drums in a metal band in mid 80s. My arrive to electronic music was through industrial bands like FLA, Front 242 and Ministry, then I begin to listen hardcore techno, then detroit techno, then IDM, then ambient, then experimental... now I listen regularly almost all, and I'm open to listen ALL.
I told you this so you can see that you, me and every person in this forum probably have different music backgrounds that in some way were defining our music tastes, not mention that that our lifes are different, our cultures are different, therefore, the way and state we arrive to a piece of music for first time is different, the state in which we listen music is different, our way to perceive and feel music is different, each of us is unique and therefore it's logic to have unique music tastes and diferent opinions about some music, and that's good, diversity is good. One thing seems to be pretty clear and is that in spite of all these deferences we all love music (also in different ways and grades but we love it) and that's why we are here sharing.
I think that one think we can agree, and it's that if the music that you're listening doesn't touch you in any way giving to you joy, sadness, love, unger, lust, fear... because it doesn't emanate anything (which would be almost imposible) or because you're not able to percive it, you've the right to call that music plain or boring in relation to you, that's what I did above regarding to some of the latest DoF stuff. Think about it brother wink.gif
TGB72
This reminds me some offtopics with doru649, nice memories... rolleyes.gif

I hope you felt no offence from my last message. I only share my opinion which I have been creating in few past years. Thank you for your wise words, I agree to the last letter. I guess I wrote that message before I have read your reply at Camiel topic. Now I see you have widespread music taste. That is good. Diversity is good. I am a biologist, I should know...

So, you are not possing musiclover, but I guess you know few of them, are not you? I was one of them in my early adolescent age (about 20) and I still feel remnants of this posse inside. I am able to despise people for what they are listen to (but it has to be real stupid music, you know, mainstream cash-music). I have messiah complex too so I wanted to save you from your false faith. biggrin.gif Maybe this is the reason I have acted like I did.

Great respect for you. I am glad I can be surrounded by people like you @ FunkySouls. Take care.
My uploads >>> here <<<

>>>My MixCloud<<<
Парни.......пожалуйста выложите ещё что-нибудь из творчества DoF rolleyes.gif .....У него такая музыка........просто слов нет........... thumb.gif Заранее благодарен wink.gif
Вот альбом DoF - Mine is May http://ifolder.ru/7154915 thumb.gif
Цитата:
To many IDM artist falling in the boring post rock/shoegazer scene, really a pity.

yeah like Bitcursh sad.gif
Цитата:
To many IDM artist falling in the boring post rock/shoegazer scene, really a pity.

+100! that's true..Thought I was alone thinking about it))

Продаю квоты под флуд в игровом подфоруме. Недорого.

DoF - A Year In Waiting
Ссылка:
http://narod.ru/disk/3796132000/DoF_-_A_Year_In_Waiting.rar.html

Цитата:
"Rid the of Tree it’s Rain" is a new EP of vocal based organic electronica from DoF, released on CD by Abandon Building. DoF (aka Brian Hulick) is one of the most prolific voices of underground electronic music, releasing eight albums (both physical and digital) along with a small armada of comp tracks and remixes over the last 6 or 7 years. DoF initially came to the attention of discerning file sharers with his inclusion on a compilation hosted by the Soulseek community. His unique blend of disjointed IDM inspired percussion and lush playful melodies attracted the attention of the UK record label Highpoint-Lowlife, who released the debut "If More Than Twenty People Laugh, It Wasn't Funny".

Hulick then combined forces with the U.S. label Abandon Building, who selected his EP "Mine is May" as their second release. The response was nothing short of amazing. DoF's next full length "Sun Strength and Shield" met with similar success, ending up on several best of the year lists.

Now DoF has returned with "Rid the of Tree it’s Rain" 7 new songs in the vein of "Red Pine Pasture" with organic percussion complementing the digital beatwork. The result is one of the most perfect summer albums a pair of ears could ever hope to meet. Every track is drenched in sunshine and warm regard, with Hulick's understated yet poignant lyrics painting portraits of fond memories and forgotten dreams.

There is little one can say about DoF that isn’t best left said by the music itself. He is not only one of the pioneers of the electro-acoustic movement but continues to reinvent it every couple of years. "Rid the of Tree it’s Rain" " has some of DoF's finest guitar work, each note seeming more joyful than the last. The drums are a choppy fusion of glitch and Afro-Cuban jazz that almost dares the listener not to bob their head. The vocal content forgoes the use of irony or theatrics, instead plotting a straight path to your heart. Go ahead and give it a listen. Your ears will thank you

DOF - Rid The Tree Of Its Rain [2009]

Abandon Building tunes [ABR012]

buy this album here
official site

01. so much of it water
02. pale from flickering
03. a thousand sharpened nails
04. a cluster of starlings
05. rolling at our feet
06. another shower fall
07. three bodies

abstract folk / electronica / downtempo
Ссылка:
drop.io/DoF2009ugomon
Ссылка:
idm-vkontakte.ifolder.ru/13559244

MP3 VBR V0
Антон! blush.gif Спасибище!
Люблю доф еще с того альбом, про снежного человека и ожидания, которое длится год
как-то маловато тут idm.. да и для электроники передоз живости.. совсем не этого ожидал huh.gif

Добавлено:
мм... комменты выше почитать надо было smile.gif

Это сообщение отредактировал Dафт - 04.09.09 в 14:54

Этот топик читают:

20 ответов с 17.04.08 в 6:43
Назад в Electronic / Easy Listening