09. Don't Ease Me In (Instrumental)
10. Don't Ease Me In (With Vocals)
11. You Don't Have To Ask
12. Tastebud (Instrumental)
13. Tastebud (With Vocals)
14. I Know You Rider
15. Cold Rain And Snow (Instrumental)
16. Cold Rain And Snow (With Vocals)
17. Fire In The City (With Jon Hendricks)

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11901486000/Birth_Of_The_Dead_-_The_Studio_Sides.rar.html
CD02 - Birth Of The Dead - The Live Sides
картинка, оставленная пользователем
Tracklist
-------------

01. Viola Lee Blues
02. Don't Ease Me In
03. Pain In My Heart
04. Sitting On Top Of The World
05. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
06. I'm A King Bee
07. Big Boss Man
08. Standing On The Corner
09. In The Pines
10. Nobody's Fault But Mine
11. Next Time You See Me
12. One Kind Favor
13. He Was A Friend Of Mine
14. Keep Rolling By

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11903029000/Birth_Of_The_Dead_-_The_Live_Sides.rar.html
CD03 - The Greateful Dead
Tracklist
-------------

01. The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)
02. Beat It On Down The Line
03. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
04. Cold Rain And Snow
05. Sitting On Top Of The World
06. Cream Puff War
07. Morning Dew
08. New, New Minglewood Blues
09. Viola Lee Blues
10. Alice D. Millionaire
11. Overseas Stomp (The Lindy)
12. Tastebud
13. 13 - Death Don't Have No Mercy
14. Viola Lee Blues (Edited Version)
15. Viola Lee Blues (Live)

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11911811000/The_Greateful_Dead.rar.html
CD04 - Anthem Of The Sun
Tracklist
-------------

01. That's It for the Other One
02. New Potato Caboose
03. Born Cross-Eyed
04. Alligator
05. Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)
06. Alligator (Live)
07. Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks) (Live)
08. Feedback (Live)
09. Born Cross-Eyed (Single)

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11912633000/Anthem_Of_The_Sun.rar.html
CD05 - Aoxomoxoa
Tracklist
-------------

01. St. Stephen
02. Dupree's Diamond Blues
03. Rosemary
04. Doin' That Rag
05. Mountains Of The Moon
06. China Cat Sunflower
07. What's Become Of The Baby
08. Cosmic Charlie
09. Clementine Jam
10. Nobody's Spoonful Jam
11. The Eleven Jam
12. Cosmic Charlie (Live)

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11914430000/Aoxomoxoa.rar.html
CD06 - Live/Dead
Tracklist
-------------

01. Dark Star
02. St. Stephen
03. The Eleven
04. Turn On Your Love Light
05. Death Don't Have No Mercy
06. Feedback
07. And We Bid You Goodnight
08. Dark Star
09. Radio Ad

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11915275000/Live_Dead.rar.html
CD07 - Workingman's Dead
Tracklist
-------------

01. Uncle John's Band
02. High Time
03. Dire Wolf
04. New Speedway Boogie
05. Cumberland Blues
06. Black Peter
07. Easy Wind
08. Casey Jones
09. New Speedway Boogie (Alternative Mix)
10. Dire Wolf (Live)
11. Black Peter (Live)
12. Easy Wind (Live)
13. Cumberland Blues (Live)
14. Mason's Children (Live)
15. Uncle John's Band (Live)
16. Radio Ad

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11916549000/Workingmans_Dead.rar.html
CD08 - American Beauty
Tracklist
-------------

01. Box Of Rain
02. Friend Of The Devil
03. Sugar Magnolia
04. Operator
05. Candyman
06. Ripple
07. Brokedown Palace
08. Till The Morning Comes
09. Attics Of My Life
10. Truckin'
11. Truckin' (Single Version)
12. Friend Of The Devil (Live)
13. Candyman (Live)
14. Till The Morning Comes (Live)
15. Attics Of My Life (Live)
16. Truckin' (Live)
17. Ripple (Single Version)
18. Radio Ad

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11917725000/American_Beauty.rar.html
CD09 - Grateful Dead
Tracklist
-------------

01. Bertha
02. Mama Tried
03. Big Railroad Blues
04. Playing In The Band
05. The Other One
06. Me & My Uncle
07. Big Boss Man
08. Me & Bobby McGee
09. Johnny B. Goode
10. Wharf Rat
11. Not Fade Away , Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad
12. Oh, Boy!
13. I'm A Hog For You
14. Radio Ad

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11918549000/Greateful_Dead.rar.html
CD10 - Europe '72
Tracklist
-------------

01. Cumberland Blues
02. He's Gone
03. One More Saturday Night
04. Jack Straw
05. You Win Again
06. China Cat Sunflower
07. I Know You Rider
08. Brown-Eyed Woman
09. Hurts Me Too
10. Ramble on Rose
11. Sugar Magnolia
12. Mr. Charlie
13. Tennessee Jed
14. The Stranger (Two Souls in Communion)

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11919644000/CD10_Europe_72.rar.html
CD11 - Europe '72
Tracklist
-------------

01. Truckin'
02. Epilogue
03. Prelude
04. Morning Dew
05. Looks Like Rain
06. Good Lovin'
07. Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)
08. Who Do You Love
09. Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)
10. Good Lovin'
11. Bob's Dog Story

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11939899000/CD11_Europe_72.rar.html
CD12 - History of the Grateful Dead, Volume I (Bear's Choice)
Tracklist
-------------

01. Katie Mae
02. Dark Hollow
03. I've Been All Around This World
04. Wake Up Little Susie
05. Black Peter
06. Smokestack Lightnin'
07. Hard To Handle
08. Good Lovin'
09. Big Boss Man
10. Smokestack Lightnin' (Version Two)
11. Sitting On Top Of The World

Цитата:
http://narod.ru/disk/11941014000/History_of_the_Grateful_Dead.rar.html

Format: Lossless (FLAC, APE)
Thanks to smdb as uploader.
LINK ---- > Grateful Dead
xxx
Это сообщение отредактировал mic1
John Mayer Hospitalized for Emergency Appendectomy

Dead and Company, the guitarist's off-shoot band with former Grateful Dead members, have postponed their concerts for December 7th in Orlando, Florida and December 8th in Sunrise, Florida, in addition to their previously delayed December 5th date in New Orleans. All tickets for these shows will be honored for future rescheduled dates, which will be announced soon. Ticketholders can also request refunds at the point of purchase.

Mayer was hospitalized early Tuesday morning for an emergency appendectomy, Dead and Company said on Twitter. Mayer's Dead and Co. bandmate Bob Weir posted a photo of the pair rehearsing on stage with the note, "Wishing a speedy recovery for John… Get well soon my friend."

UPDATE: John Mayer is recovering from the emergency appendectomy he underwent Tuesday, December 5th. He is in good spirits, his representative tells Rolling Stone. RS
Мемчи́ки - эта абщение с илитай. Эта не толька шутки пра тваю мамашу, но и шутки пра мамашу админа. Мемчи́ки - эта гигабайты тральских шутак. Мемчи́ки - эта абщение. Мемчи́ки - эта тралинк лалак. Мемчи́-и-и-и-и-и-ки!!!
Grateful Dead Founders Bob Weir, Phil Lesh Plot First Duo Tour

Bob Weir and Phil Lesh, two founding members of the Grateful Dead, announced their first-ever duo tour, promising back-to-back acoustic and electric sets featuring reworked versions of classic Dead tunes and solo tracks. The former bandmates will play six dates in three U.S. cities – New York City, Boston and Chicago – in early March.

The Bobby and Phil Tour kicks off March 2nd and 3rd at New York's Radio City Music Hall, continues March 7th and 8th at Boston's Wang Theatre and concludes March 10th and 11th at the Chicago Theatre.

"I guess it was last summer, Phil and I played a little duo show," Weir said in statement. "We had enough fun so we figured, 'Hey, let's do this, lets make a little go of this."

"Playing with Bob always brings me great joy," Lesh added. "The intuitive playing that we have developed over five decades of creating music together always leads to new realms of musical experience, something that I find especially exciting, and I think that fans of our music will enjoy this new format as much as I do."

Lesh told Billboard the pair plan to perform "everything [they] can think of" on the trek. "We're going to do his stuff, we're going to do my stuff, we're going to play Jerry [Garcia]'s stuff, we'll do Grateful Dead stuff and we'll do covers," he said. "We're going to try and play everything we've ever played together and maybe some new stuff too."

RS
Мемчи́ки - эта абщение с илитай. Эта не толька шутки пра тваю мамашу, но и шутки пра мамашу админа. Мемчи́ки - эта гигабайты тральских шутак. Мемчи́ки - эта абщение. Мемчи́ки - эта тралинк лалак. Мемчи́-и-и-и-и-и-ки!!!
Dead & Company Plot Summer Tour

Grateful Dead offshoot outfit Dead & Company will embark on an expansive North American tour this summer.

The trek begins May 30th at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts and wraps with a two-night stand, July 13th and 14th, at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colorado. The tour finds Dead & Company playing a variety of venues, from arenas and amphitheaters to stadiums. The group will notably play two nights at Citi Field in New York City, June 15th and 16th, and a single show at Dodger Stadium July 7th.

море
May 30 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
June 1 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
June 2 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
June 4 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
June 6 – Noblesville, IN @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center
June 8 – Atlanta, GA @ Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood
June 9 – Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek
June 11 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
June 13 – Hartford, CT @ XFINITY Theatre
June 15 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
June 16 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
June 19 – Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Amphitheater
June 20 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
June 22 – East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
June 23 – East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
June 29 – George, WA @ Gorge Amphitheatre
June 30 – Eugene, OR @ Autzen Stadium
July 2 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater
July 3 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater
July 6 – Chula Vista, CA @ Mattress Firm Amphitheatre
July 7 – Los Angeles, CA @ Dodger Stadium
July 11 – Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Amphitheater
July 13 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field
July 14 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field

RS
Dead & Company to Headline Lockn' Festival 2018

Grateful Dead offshoot group Dead & Company will make a rare festival appearance when they headline Lockn' Festival this summer. The four-day event takes place in Arrington, VA, at Infinity Downs Farm from August 23rd through the 26th.

The group – comprising original Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann, as well as John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge and Jeff Chimenti – are slated to perform four sets over the course of two nights, which will span material from the Grateful Dead's deep catalog of songs.

While many of Dead & Company's individual members have performed at the festival on several occasions previously (last year, Weir and Phil Lesh teamed for a performance of the Grateful Dead's 1977 classic Terrapin Station), this marks the first time the group will collectively appear as Dead & Company.

"The Grateful Dead played legendary shows at Monterey Pop, the US Festival and Woodstock, but their heyday occurred before the modern music festivals we know today emerged," said Lockn’ organizer Peter Shapiro. "We are honored to have Dead & Company headline back-to-back nights because it's so rare. This festival was built on the spirit of the Grateful Dead so their performance is going to be a very big deal for Deadheads everywhere."

Lockn' will reveal the rest of the lineup via social media over the course of the next week, with one new act announced each day beginning on Friday. The full lineup will be unveiled on February 8th.

RS

John Perry Barlow, Grateful Dead Lyricist and Internet Pioneer, Dead at 70

John Perry Barlow, a lyricist for the Grateful Dead and cofounder of Electronic Frontier Foundation and Freedom of the Press Foundation, has died. He was 70.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), the non-profit digital rights organization Barlow cofounded, said in a statement on its website that Barlow died in his sleep on Wednesday.

When Barlow was 15, he attended Fountain Valley School in Colorado where he met fellow student Bob Weir and they became friends. Barlow began co-writing songs in 1971 with Grateful Dead founding member Weir, a teaming that would last until the Dead disbanded in 1995. "Cassidy," "Mexicali Blues," Black-Throated Wind" and "Looks Like Rain" are among the dozens of songs Barlow helped pen. He contributed four songs to 1989's Built to Last. The 2004 reissue included additional contribution, "We Can Run."

Barlow was also an advocate for civil liberties. In 1990, he cofounded the Electronic Frontier Foundation with John Gilmore and Mitch Kapor. He published a number of essays, most notably 1996's A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, which advocated for an independent internet, void of government rule.

"It is no exaggeration to say that major parts of the internet we all know and love today exist and thrive because of Barlow's vision and leadership," EFF executive director Cindy Cohn wrote. "He always saw the internet as a fundamental place of freedom, where voices long silenced can find an audience and people can connect with others regardless of physical distance."

In 2012, he cofounded Freedom of the Press Foundation, a non-profit that supports free speech in the press. A lyricist, poet and essayist, Barlow's work has been published in Wired, The New York Times and Nerve.

Barlow's memoir, Mother American Night: My Life in Crazy Times, will be released on June 5th. Co-authored by Robert Greenfield, Barlow's memoir traces his varied career, from his work with the Grateful Dead and running his family's cattle ranch, through his political involvements and dedication to defending internet freedom.

да уж, редеют ряды
Artist: Grateful Dead
Title: Wake Up to Find Out Nassau Coliseum 1990
Year Of Release: 2014
Label: Rhino Records
Genre: Blues Rock, Country Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Rock & Roll
Quality: FLAC (track)
Total Time: 02:32:01
Total Size: 930 Mb

Tracklist:
CD 1
1. Jack Straw [ 6:15]
2. Bertha [ 6:59]
3. We Can Run [ 6:04]
4. Ramble On Rose [ 8:08]
5. When I Paint My Masterpiece [ 6:02]
6. Bird Song [13:05]
7. Promised Land [ 4:46]

CD 2
1. Eyes of the World [16:33]
2. Estimated Prophet [14:47]
3. Dark Star [18:19]
4. Drums [10:23]

CD 3
1. Space [7:53]
2. Dark Star [2:46]
3. The Wheel [4:23]
4. Throwing Stones [9:25]
5. Turn On Your Lovelight [7:41]
6. Knockin' On Heaven's Door [8:24]

Rapidgator.net
Nitroflare.com

Dead & Company Support Parkland High School at Florida Show

At their performance at Sunrise, Florida’s BB&T Center last night, the members of Dead & Company (the Grateful Dead project featuring John Mayer) showed support to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the site of the February 14 shooting in Parkland, Florida that left 17 people dead. Working with Florida Congressman Ted Deutch, Dead & Co. invited teachers, students, and parents from the school to the show and brought them backstage afterward. The band also wore t-shirts that read “MSDStrong” while on stage.

пыч

Bob Weir and Phil Lesh Get Thrillingly Loose at New York Tour Openers

Grateful Dead co-founders Phil Lesh and Bob Weir began a three-city, six-show run, dubbed the Bobby and Phil Tour, with a pair of sold-out gigs at Radio City Music Hall on Friday and Saturday. In classic Dead fashion, the concerts moved between magical jams and charming discombobulation, never losing their sense of real-time fun. During their debut as a "duo," Lesh and Weir were augmented on and off by percussionist Wally Ingram and, for Saturday's thrilling, improv-packed second set, Phish guitarist Trey Anastasio. But even with the guests, the nights showcased a profound musical intimacy and sense of adventure not often associated with the Dead's groove-happy, arena-filling incarnations, the opposite in many ways of Dead & Co., the stadium-touring sextet featuring Weir, the Dead's drummers and blues-rock shredder John Mayer.

читать
Норм видос из 1974-го. Есть и Uncle John's Band, и The Other One, и China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider и сук бамбезный Dark Star. Мики Харт вернется в группу буквально через пару недель, так что тут только Кройцман

Mickey Hart's Sonic Playground

We visit the Grateful Dead drummer at home, where he talks Trump, the Northern California fires and why Jerry Garcia would have loved his new project

RS
Пятичасовой концерт на новый 1979 год. Суууук))

Hear Jerry Garcia Perform Rare 'Deep Elem Blues' From New Garcia Box Set

Those well-versed in Grateful Dead history know that the band, in the early days of their Northern California life, first went by the Warlocks, but that wasn't actually the beginning of their story. Before becoming the leader of one of the most iconic groups of all time, Jerry Garcia was a young man extremely interested in fingerpicking, early folk and bluegrass, gigging around town as the Black Mountain Boys with friends like future Dead lyricist Robert Hunter, and singing with Stanford student Sara Ruppenthal as the duo Jerry and Sara – a woman who would become his first wife. Many of the recordings from these days have gone unheard until now, when they will be released as part of a Garcia box set Before the Dead, out May 11th via Round Records – with two songs, Jerry and Sara's "Deep Elem Blues" and the Black Mountain Boys' "Raw Hide" premiering exclusively on Rolling Stone Country.

"Deep Elem Blues" is a song that would later become part of the Dead's repertoire, and in this performance, from a 1963 gig at the Top of the Tangent in Palo Alto, it's fascinating to trace how the sharp fingerpicking and bluegrass harmonies on this Shelton Brothers track would evolve and inform the folk psychedelia that would be the band's signature. About a year later, on "Raw Hide," Garcia delves into the Bill Monroe classic with players Geoff Levin, David Nelson (of New Riders of the Purple Sage) and Sandy Rothman, exploding into an instrumental version. Both "Deep Elem Blues" and "Raw Hide" make unique appearances on Before the Dead, a collection that delves as far back as 1961 and begins with a recording from Garcia's girlfriend's 16th birthday party.

Co-produced and curated by longtime Grateful Dead publicist and author Dennis McNally alongside documentarian Brian Miksis, Before the Dead is a rare and insightful look into the songs and styles that would later inform records like the Dead's classic LPs Workingman's Dead and American Beauty, where Garcia integrated elements like pedal steel into the mix – an instrument he occasionally played on stage in the early Seventies, and then again with Bob Dylan as part of Dylan and the Dead.

For many Americana and country artists, the Grateful Dead is a gateway from rock to roots – and how they discover icons like Monroe, Doc Watson and the Carter Family, as Garcia did during the folk revival of the 1960s. Before the Dead documents Garcia's early love affair with these performers and songs, and how they became the essential building blocks of the Dead.

Available as a four-CD set and a limited-edition five-LP boxed set on 180-gram vinyl, Before the Dead also includes a 32-page collection of essays featuring McNally and Miksis, detailed notes on each song by musicologist Dr. Neil V. Rosenberg, and photos and memorabilia.

RS

Grateful Dead Announce Anthem of the Sun Reissue

The Grateful Dead’s 1968 album Anthem of the Sun is the latest in their full discography series of deluxe 50th anniversary reissues. It’s out July 13 via Rhino. The two-disc deluxe edition includes the remastered original album (including both the original mix and the 1971 remix) and a bonus disc featuring an unreleased live recording of the band’s October 22, 1967 concert in San Francisco. It’s the first live recording to feature Mickey Hart. A limited edition vinyl picture disc will also be available.

пыч

“This is one the most thrilling albums the Grateful Dead ever produced, mixing portions of live recordings from the first six months of Mickey's tenure with the band, along with studio experimentations that would hint at where the Dead would go when they started recording to 16-track tape the following year. The 1971 remix, produced in order to make the album more accessible to the newer fans who were brought on board with WORKINGMAN'S DEAD and AMERICAN BEAUTY, has been the most commonly heard version for the past 45+ years. However, having this side-by-side with the original 1968 mix demonstrates countless differences, with the original mix being more primal, psychedelic, and experimental. Add to this the first extant live recording featuring Mickey as a member of the Grateful Dead, and you have a very special release in every way.” - David Lemieux

tracklist
Disc One: Original 1968 Mix
1. “That’s It For The Other One”
I. “Cryptical Envelopment”
II. “Quadlibet For Tender Feet”
III. “The Faster We Go, The Rounder We Get”
IV. “We Leave The Castle”
2. “New Potato Caboose”
3. “Born Cross-Eyed”
4. “Alligator”
5. “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)”

1971 Remix
6. “That’s It For The Other One”
II. “Quadlibet For Tender Feet”
III. “The Faster We Go, The Rounder We Get”
IV. “We Leave The Castle”
7. “New Potato Caboose”
8. “Born Cross-Eyed”
9. “Alligator”
10. “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)”

Disc Two: Winterland, San Francisco, CA(10/22/67)
1. “Morning Dew”
2. “New Potato Caboose”
3. “It Hurts Me Too”
4. “Cold Rain And Snow”
5. “Turn On Your Love Light”
6. “Beat It On Down The Line”
7. “That’s It For The Other One”
II. “The Other One”
III. “Cryptical Envelopment”

dead.net

Grateful Dead Members to Reunite With Branford Marsalis at Lockn' Fest 2018

A Grateful Dead late-career highlight will be celebrated during on August 26th, when Lockn' Festival headliners Dead & Company – featuring John Mayer with former Dead members Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann – will reunite with jazz veteran Branford Marsalis, whose collaboration with the band at Long Island's Nassau Coliseum in March 1990 has become one of the Dead's most legendary shows.

Marsalis, the saxophone-playing member of New Orleans's Marsalis jazz dynasty, joined the Dead in 1990 after he was invited by bassist Phil Lesh to sit in for one song, "Bird Song," Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter's poignant elegy to their recently deceased friend Janis Joplin. Marsalis had only minimal knowledge of the Dead's repertoire, but stayed onstage for the rest of the evening, his lyrical soprano and bluesy tenor lines inspiring them during the entirety of the 90-minute second set, from a blissful "Eyes of the World" to an elliptically rocking "Estimated Prophet." "I was an anthropologist that night, just checking this shit out," Marsalis told Rolling Stone's David Fricke in 2014. "But it was a serious throwback to how I view music. There wasn't a set list. They barely spoke to the audience. And the audience didn't perceive that as disrespectful. The crowd was there to listen." The collaboration was released as Wake Up to Find Out: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale NY 3/29/90.

Bob Weir, for one, eagerly awaits their reunion at the Arrington, Virginia, event. "As I’ve always said, if we’re not having fun, we’re not doing our job," he noted. "With Branford, at Lockn', I’ll expect we’ll be working overtime."

Marsalis, who ended up jamming with the Dead and a couple of its offshoots several times following his Nassau debut, happily accepted their invitation. "I still remember fondly my time playing with the Dead in 1990," he said, "and this latest iteration of the Dead aesthetic is filled with great musicians. I look forward to making music with them."

RS

Inside the Grateful Dead's Complicated Afterlife

Joel Selvin's new book 'Fare Thee Well' dives deep into the machiavellian power struggle that erupted when the ultimate jam band lost its leader

много

Этот топик читают:

184 ответов с 19.07.04 в 16:46
Назад в Classic Rock