RA.367 James Holden
Genre: Techno, Experimental, IDM
160 kbps | 78:30 minIt's been a rough few years for fans of James Holden. Since releasing his debut album, The Idiots Are Winning, in 2006, the UK producer's output has totalled a DJ Kicks mix and the music he produced for Kate Wax's 2011 album Dust Collision. Holden has also busied himself with running his label, Border Community, and DJing. But the news of Holden's forthcoming second album, The Inheritors, was welcomed as his return. This dearth of music had not dented Holden's reputation as one of electronic music's most gifted producers. He boldly explored melody and glitch across his mid-'00s output, writing classics like "A Break in The Clouds" and his remix of Nathan Fake's "The Sky Was Pink," while in turn Border Community fostered a family of artists that shared a similar sensibility but each brought something different to the table.
Holden has long taken cues from Germany's pioneering electronic music acts of the '60s and '70s, and the sound The Inheritors is very much in the spirit of seminal krautrock acts like Tangerine Dream and Can. RA.367 was mixed as a "companion piece" to the record, bringing together artists who in one way or another affected its composition.
01. Animal Collective - Pride And Fight
02. Sidesleeper - Monument
03. Peter Gordon & Factory Floor - Beachcombing
04. Holden - A Circle Inside A Circle Inside
05. Craig Leon - ?
06. Ame - Erkki
07. Issa Bagayogo - Kouloun
08. Torn Hawk - A Piece Of The Story
09. Andy Stott - Luxury Problems
10. 2562 - Nocturnal Drummers
11. Jonas Reinhardt - Semazen Salem
12. Nathan Fake - Fortunebrew
13. Atoms For Peace - Before Your Very Eyes...
14. Chris Carter - Interloop
15. Martial Canterel - Phantom
16. Holden - Rannoch Dawn (tool)
17. Pharaoh Sanders - The GatheringDownload