картинка, оставленная пользователем
Цитата:
Who is MAKARI? After one listen through their upcoming EP, See Dreams, (out September 10th), it is clear that they are a six piece unit sent straight from the progressive-rock heavens. With a unique and out of this world vibe, MAKARI's music has an unmatched sound with reminiscence of Circa Survive, As Cities Burn and Tides Of Man.

Brandon Cullen - Vocals
Eric Stewart - Guitar
Lindsay England - Piano/Keys
Matt Beljan - Guitar
John Tomasso- Bass
Kevin Beljan - Drums
Цитата:
Tracklist:
1. Doses
2. Knives, Knives, Knives
3. Life, Barefoot (feat. Tilian Pearson)

iFolder

Это сообщение отредактировал lpXaNdRpr - 06.09.13 в 19:06
в клипе же девушка поет, да?
Цитата: (CraSh48)
в клипе же девушка поет, да?
Цитата:
Brandon Cullen - Vocals
я тоже сперва сомневался biggrin.gif

Добавлено:
Makari - The Escape (EP) (2011)
Trackilst:
01. Intro
02. Whisper, Whisper
03. Lapse
04. Monster (In My Mind)
05. The Escape

YaDisk

Добавлено:

Makari - See Dreams (EP) (2013)
Tracklist:
01. Olas
02. Swallowing Sleep
03. Keeper
04. Ten Million Different Colors
05. Sky Splitter

YaDisk
Makari - See Dreams (EP) (2013)
Quality: iTunes Plus AAC M4A ~256 Kbps
Size: 37.2 Mb
Tracklist:
01. Olas
02. Swallowing Sleep
03. Keeper
04. Ten Million Different Colors
05. Sky Splitter

RusFolder
Absolutepunk.net Interview
Цитата:
1. How did you get your band name?
Makari is the archaic-Scottish term for "poet." We wanted something simple, memorable, and relevant.

2. How did this band get started?
Kevin - This band got started by Eric meeting Brandon and Lindsay and then the rest of us joining in. Eric and Matt and I had been playing together for several years before that.
Eric - It was definitely a crazy fast start! Brandon and Lindsay were in a band of their own and had a full tour booked. Some of their members ended up dropping out. Brandon and Lindsay reached out to us (Matt, Eric, Kevin and John) and a long story short we wrote a new 7 song set in 3 weeks and left for tour. That was the start of Makari!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Brandon - I draw influence from Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Dear Hunter, Circa Survive, and The Doors. Fantastic vocalists who give/gave memorable performances.
Eric - I personally love bands like Two Door Cinema Club, Circa Survive and Closure in Moscow. I definitely draw influence from them in my writing.
Matt - I’m influenced by bands like As Cities Burn, Minus the Bear, Brand New, Circa Surive, Pierce the Veil, Saosin, Between the Buried and Me, and Oh, Sleeper.
Kevin - Definitely Circa Survive, Thrice, Brand New. I'd like to think every band we listen to affects us in some way.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Matt - If I could tour with any band past or present I would say presently Pierce the Veil because we’d definitely vibe with them and their fans plus they're a great band and past I'd have to say Motley Crue because those dudes got down!
Brandon - I'd love to tour with Say Anything, or Go Radio. Past bands, Envy On The Coast or Queen.
Eric - I still jam the crap out of an older band called Chasing Victory. I just get so into their music when I'm listening to it and it'd be so awesome to tour with them!
Kevin - Circa Survive and As Cities Burn. Both are great bands and huge influences on me in a pivotal point in my life.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Matt - Anything not pre packaged or fast food based. A homestyle meal is the best thing to eat on tour anything that requires a grill or a stove ha.
Kevin - We try to eat healthy but when you're showering in parking lots, most likely you're eating ravioli out of a can. Also cup of noodles is pretty good.
Eric - Our last tour we had lots of ravioli right out of the can and heated on a grill we had haha. I don't know if I miss that. But we try and stay somewhat healthy. Lots of fruit for sure!
Brandon - Peanut butter and jelly. Cheetos.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Matt - People should listen to us because we’re passionate about our music and it definitely shows in our song writing. Our music means the world to us and I'm sure it could mean the world to others given they listen to it intently.
Eric - We're nice people! Come say hey! But really, we want our music to mean something. It doesn't matter what it is. If we can make you feel inspired, creative, happy or sad we feel like we did our job!
Kevin - We take a lot of time writing songs that matter to us. We are also very nice people who aren't playing music just for fame, but rather, because music is what inspires us and gives us life.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Matt - I would trade places with Cristiano Ronaldo or maybe Lebron James.
Kevin - Probably Gareth Bale.
Brandon - No one specific. I'd just like to play professional hockey. That would be cool.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Eric - I would thank my mom and dad. They've been by my side to help support our dream in any way they can. Without them we wouldn't be where we are today.
Brandon - Our family, collectively as a band. Our friends and parents have been beyond supportive. The fans that got us to the level to receive the award.
Matt - If I won a Grammy I would thank my family and band mates first then a select few people that have influenced me and my music writing.
Kevin - I'd thank all my band mates and my parents and Eric's parents, brooks and everyone else who believes in us, especially out fans.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Matt - If I could change something about the industry it would be to change the ever present “electronic” aspect to music. I’d prefer songwriters and musicians to be using real instruments and not relying on loops or sounds that can only be manufactured via computer.
Kevin - I would probably try and the focus from producing hit singles about partying to producing songs that connect with people on deeper emotional levels or talk about issues that could help spin the world in a more positive direction.
Eric - The music industry and a challenging place! I don't know if I would change anything about it though. However I would like a "select everyone in the world" button so everyone can jam some new music haha.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Brandon - Fourth of July with Patrick Shivley, and our pal Jason's giant breakfast wake-up. Ha.
Matt - Mooning people. Throwing 5 lb ground beef footballs across parking lots. New York City.
Kevin - Driving through NYC with a van and trailer. It was crazy enough with that, but I saw a taxi driver driving with his feet while playing acoustic guitar.
Eric - I can remember the first day of tour we drove from Florida to Virginia and our gps told us we were getting close to the venue and I saw a little hole in the wall run down mexican restaurant and laughed and said "That'd be funny if we played there!" and sure enough…we were playing there!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Brandon - Absolute Punk is a landmark in the music industry that provides a strong, dedicated following the latest in current, and upcoming music trends.
Matt - AP.net means great exposure from a top name that works in the industry. It’s a reputable source for upcoming artist and great new music.
Kevin - AP.net to me means music. It means finding out about new artists, new releases, and it means a place where music lovers can get all the information about bands they know and love or will know and love. AP has always been iconic in the music industry.
Eric - Absolute Punk is a great resource to find up and coming artist and new music in general! You guys are awesome. Thanks for interviewing us!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Eric - I would say the first song off of our new album "Olas." It just jams and I have so much fun getting into it.
Kevin - My favorite song to play is probably "Keeper;" it's technical and it also has moments when it jams, plus the song means a lot to me.
Brandon - I dig "Swallowing Sleep."
Matt - My favorite song to play has to be our new one, “Ten Million Different Colors.”

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Brandon - Colorado in winter. I like cold weather.
Matt - My vacation spot of choice would have to be Barcelona or Miami. Somewhere kind of tropical a beach is a must!
Eric - Well, we all live in Florida, I love going out to Colorado during the winter!
Kevin - I'd really like to go to Manchester England.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Brandon - Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Garth Brooks.
Eric - I would have to say country. I can remember being in the backseat when I was little and country music was always on. It definitely brings back some old memories.
Matt - Stone Temple Pilots, Pennywise, No Use For a Name, Strung Out.
Kevin - Probably Metallica and Nirvana, Bad Religion and NOFX. I was fortunate enough to have an older brother ha.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Matt - If I could have any super power it would be to freeze time. I would use it to stop people from imminent danger or just to cherish all that happens in just an instant that we all mostly overlook.
Brandon - The ability to mind read. I guess it'd be cool to understand thoughts on a different level.
Kevin - My super power of choice would be to heal. I'd enjoy being able to heal others and myself. I think that's be pretty useful.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Eric - I tend to always get a little jittery before we go on stage but once we're up there it's all gone and we have a blast.
Kevin - Nah, just getting nervous then amped.
Brandon - Not really. I tend to pace a lot.
Matt - Got to make sure I'm not hungry!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Brandon - That I'm the vocalist. People tend to think it's a girl.
Matt - I speak Spanish, and skateboard.
Kevin - That I write a lot of the lyrics and have been published for poetry.
Eric - Hmm… I mountain bike a lot on my free time!

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio?
Matt - The FM radio is in a state of complete repetitive non sense. The same 10 artists are played on virtually every station. The radio is mind numbing and dull.
Kevin - I'm not a huge fan of the radio. Internet radio is another story, but top 40 hits stations sort of turns music bland and meaningless a lot of the time in my opinion.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Kevin - I read and write.
Brandon - I enjoy watching movies. I have a rather large movie and tv show collection.
Matt - In my spare time I like to write music and prose and I also enjoy skateboarding and going to the beach.
Eric - That would have to be playing guitar, mountain biking or just shooting some zombies!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Eric - Cooking.
Brandon - Graphic design. Drawing.
Matt - I Can beat just about anyone in a staring contest.
Kevin - I can freestyle pretty well.

Добавлено:
Напишите уже хоть кто-нибудь, хоть один чертов отзыв. Неплохая же группа, ну
зачем он так имитирует бабский вокал? О_о
Воу воу воу! ohmy.gif В ожидании новых творений Сирки самое то!
Happy people have no f**king stories :-/
вокал и вправду похож на Гриновский, и по музыке один в один Сирка, в целом очень здорово thumb.gif
Makari - Ghost Stories EP (2015)
MP3 128 kbps
Tracklist:
1. Antartica
2. Paper Ghosts
3. Telescope
4. Subtitles
5. Beacons

zippyshare

Этот топик читают:

36 ответов с 06.09.13 в 19:04