Rip date : 2007-06-25
Store date : 2007-05-00
Encoder : LAME
Size : 31 megs
22:10

RLS NOTES
saw nobody got to our cocaine?

http://www.myspace.com/ohjulietrocks

In just a year and a half, the Lafayette-based band Oh Juliet! has exploded on the scene with their dynamic progressive rock melodies and fairy-tale-inspired lyrics.

Oh Juliet! officially formed when members Cullen Bernard (vocals), Thomas Onebane (guitar), Josh Wells (bass), Joshua Hefner (drums) and Patrick Trumps (guitar) banded together to produce something completely different from the other projects with which they were involved at the time.

"We were all in other bands previously, and this band started as a side project," Wells explained. "I moved to Lafayette from New Orleans after Katrina. After I joined, the other bands fell apart."

One of the bands that ended due to the formation of Oh Juliet! was Down in the Park, which included Bernard and Trumps.

"Whenever we ended that band, people were angry, and we were like, 'We're tired of it and want to do something else,'" Bernard said. "I hooked up with Josh and Thomas. They needed a singer and I needed a band. We kind of used half of what they had and half of what I had and put a record together."

Their first show was on Dec. 30, 2005, at The Renaissance Nightclub in Lafayette. Because they played off the success of Down in the Park, Oh Juliet! opened for the Baton-Rouge-based band Meriwether. The house was packed.

"Word spread like wildfire, and it was ridiculous how many people showed up," Bernard recalled. "I think we sucked real bad for our first show, because all our gear was breaking."

The crowd didn't seem to notice or care, because the group has continued to pack-out shows. They have even picked up Bert Landry as management. Landry also manages Meriwether.

"Bert officially became our manager a month and a half ago," Wells said. "I think with Bert at the helm, we're pushing ourselves. This is what we want to do, and so we spend all our time working on this. No MySpace message goes unanswered."

Management aside, the success of Oh Juliet! seems to be found in their original approach to song writing.

"You don't have to be literal in the writing process," Bernard said when explaining his lyrics. "I've been in other bands and have written about personal experiences, and that gets real old, real fast. I don't ever want to write about that stuff again."

Bernard now takes on more of a storyteller role with his lyrics. He finds inspiration through fairy tales and folklore told by his grandparents.

"My favorite song is 'All the Churches in New Orleans," he said. "That one is more, I guess you could say, along the lines of what the CD is all about.

"It's a Cajun-French story about this ghost or apparition. The little creature can shape-shift and preys on young men. The lyrics to that song are about this little shape-shifting creature that turns into a female and preys on the lust of young men and distracts them from their goals. I could paint this perfect picture in my head from the story."

And believe it or not, he can.

Along with working as a musician, Bernard is also an artist who works as a Flash designer for a tattoo shop in Lafayette.

You can see his work locally on the walls of Dean-O's Pizza located in Baton Rouge at 4350 Highland Road.

His knack for visualization is what enables Bernard to write lyrics full of complicated imagery.

"I just write what I'm interested in," he said. "I feel lucky that people appreciate them and like them and ask questions about them, and it's cool and rewarding in that sense.

"They're a little story I make in my own head, but if you can relate them to something in your own life, then that's great."

Oh Juliet! is working to release their debut five-track EP this summer, which they recently finished recording in South Carolina. The title of the EP is "A Southern Boy's Guide to Raising the Dead," which derives from lyrics off the track "All the Churches in New Orleans."
by SAMANTHA MORGAN

00-oh_juliet-a_southern_boys_guide_to_raising_the_dead-2007.m3u
00-oh_juliet-a_southern_boys_guide_to_raising_the_dead-2007.nfo
00-oh_juliet-a_southern_boys_guide_to_raising_the_dead-2007.sfv
00-oh_juliet-a_southern_boys_guide_to_raising_the_dead-2007-back.jpg
00-oh_juliet-a_southern_boys_guide_to_raising_the_dead-2007-front.jpg
01-oh_juliet-breathe_dammit_breathe.mp3
02-oh_juliet-all_the_churches_in_new_orleans.mp3
03-oh_juliet-a_sweet_kiss_from_the_afterlife.mp3
04-oh_juliet-the_traveling_salesman.mp3
05-oh_juliet-hunting_the_canyons_below_our_house.mp3
freezed for a while
im leet cause im hot, you aint cause you not
Bomb cd, wanna reup? Its dead
Oh_Juliet-A_Southern_Boys_Guide_To_Raising_The_Dead-2007-pLAN9

картинка, оставленная пользователем

Artist : Oh Juliet
Album : A Southern Boy's Guide to Raising the Dead
Bitrate : VBR kbps
Source : CD (LP)
Label : Indie
Year : 2007
Genre : Rock
Rip date : 2007-06-25
Store date : 2007-05-00
Encoder : LAME
Size : 31 megs

[TrackList]
1. Breathe Dammit Breathe 4:08
2. All the Churches in New Orleans 3:28
3. A Sweet Kiss From the Afterlife 4:51
4. The Traveling Salesman 3:29
5. Hunting the Canyons Below Our House 6:14
Ссылка:
http://rapidshare.com/files/39700764/Oh_Juliet-A_Southern_Boys_Guide_To_Raising_The_Dead-2007-pLAN9.rar.html
Ссылка:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=091WPVEX
Ссылка:
http://stream.ifolder.ru/2511311
saltisforsuckas
just try later. server of http://cjlecapb.spb.ru is sometimes off.
картинка, оставленная пользователем
на пару раз сойдет, кстати.
All the Churches in New Orleans отличная песня
классный альбомчик
ещё есть что-нибудь у них?
неплохо...

Цитата:
All the Churches in New Orleans отличная песня

+1 thumb.gif
Как правильно
Oh, juliet! или Oh juliet ?

Этот топик читают: