Цитата:
Having pumped their way through New Zealand’s electronic music scene since their inaugural performance at the annual Gathering New Year's eve festival in 1997, Pitch Black have spent the last nine years rousing dance floor punters, generating rave reviews, winning awards and gaining thousands of fans across the world.

Hard to box into a single audio 'genre', Pitch Black is a combination of musical journeys, created by Paddy Free and Michael Hodgson. Their sound is distinctive; ranging from organic ambient beginnings and layered soundscapes to skanking keyboards, cutting acid riffs and thumping rhythmic grooves, with dub being the glue that holds their sound together. One critic has described them as like "Richie Hawtin meets King Tubby, or Rhythm and Sound in Technicolor".

Their debut album, Futureproof, was released in September 1999 and rose to the top of the New Zealand electronic charts, despite no marketing or advertising. Their second album, Electronomicon, followed in August 2000, and led to a sell out 30-date tour of New Zealand and Australia . Both albums spawned remix projects, featuring mixes by local luminaries such as International Observer, Epsilon Blue and Downtown Brown.

Their third baby, Ape to Angel, was released in New Zealand on October 4th 2004 to critical acclaim. The Ape tour was the biggest yet, with 42 shows across the world, including their debut performances in America. The album was then released in Europe thru Dubmission in July and in America on Waveform in August 2005. England ’s DJ Magazine rated it Album of the Month, giving it 5 stars.

Ape to Angel was followed by a remix album, Halfway, released in New Zealand in November 2005. The collection featured versions by Bluetech, Antix, peak_shift, Agent Alvin and others.

It is their live show that really makes Pitch Black stand out from the rest of the crowd, both sonically and visually. Their tracks take on an added dynamism and their performances reveal the dialectic behind the band - Paddy wants to do it for the crowd, Michael wants to do it to the crowd. Visually they are in another dimension due to Mike's cutting edge visuals, which he manipulates at the same time as mixing the sound! Not for nothing have they been hailed as the "Hexstatic of New Zealand" and have been warmly embraced by England 's Big Chill community - playing 3 times at their annual festival.

Over the years they have also found favour among many DJs, both radio and club, including John Peel (Radio One/BBC), Nick Luscombe (Xfm), Greg Roberts (Dreadzone) and Pete Lawrence (Big Chill). Their music has been used in fashion shows and several films, the latest being the Oscar nominated Whale Rider.

Pitch Black - Ape To Angel

картинка, оставленная пользователем

01. Ape To Angel
02. Freefall
03. Lost In Translation
04. Big Trouble Upstairs
05. Flex
06. Elements Turn
07. The Random Smiler (Live)
08. Emty Spaces Missing Units

Цитата:
Ape to Angel is the latest album release from New Zealand electronic heavyweights, Pitch Black. They chose to publicize their latest album with a birth notice:

Ape to Angel is out in NZ. It is a lush deep dubby journey with a few  surprises. It weighs in at a healthy 60+ mins and both parents are doing well.

Not just a clever attention getter; it begins to explain the Pitch Black musical ethos. Duo Paddy Free and Michael Hodgson first played together at the Gathering in 1996/97 and have been cranking out the music ever since, building up a strong local and international fan base in the process.

Ape to Angel follows albums Futureproof and Electronomicon. Ape to Angel as always, pushes the envelope. A heady mix of trance, dub and drum'n'bass, it is easy to enjoy, whether you like all or none of the three. One of the great things about this album is that you can put in on and play it in the background, or you can crank it up and allow it to command full attention.

It's hard to single out any one track from the album. The album contains one live track 'The Random Smiler', which should add a little frustration for those that missed the excellent live show before they headed off overseas. Opening track 'Ape to Angel' does well in setting the standard for the album, which does not falter after this.

this is an excellent album that i highly recommend to anyone who is interested in any type of laid back electonic music. enjoy, and remember to support the artist if you like it thumb.gif

http://rapidshare.de/files/19388319/apetoa...oangel.zip.html

pass: gifted
Хороший PsyDub! Чемто смахивает на Ott, только побыстрее. thumb.gif
Tomorrow never comes until it's too late...
Ks_83
sorry, i don't understand russian
giftedunlimited
Ks_83 write: Good psychodub! And something about that this is similar to Ott but faster.

Try to use http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr . I have only 1 advantage-I am Slavic too and words which Babelfish cannot translate sometimes gives me a sense, because BF rewrite the message to Latin scripture.
If you need any reupload of my post PM me.
My uploads >>> here <<<

>>>My MixCloud<<<
maoc
i do use it sometimes, but most of the time it comes out with some bullshit that doesn't make any sense. maybe you can be my translator from now on biggrin.gif

Добавлено:
Ks_83
i haven't heard of Ott. i'll look into them thumb.gif
giftedunlimited
Ott thread is somewhere here and there has to be active post, I have downloaded it recently. Great music, you should try it.
Translator? Why not. Whenewer I will be connected.
If you need any reupload of my post PM me.
My uploads >>> here <<<

>>>My MixCloud<<<
giftedunlimited
thanx.. its great thumb.gif
anbody has Futureproof album ?&#191;?
cmaster674
no worries. i have "futureproof", but some of the tracks have pops and cracks in the audio. if this doesn't bother you then i'm more than happy to up it.

if someone else has it in good quality, please up it.
it doesnt matter please upload smile.gif
thanx thanx thanx...
which tracks r corrupted
maybe i found them in morpheus unsure.gif
cmaster674
ok. it should be up later today.

i'm not entirely sure which tracks (and how many) have these pops in the audio because i've only listened to it a few times and the last time was quite a while ago (the bad quality annoys me a bit). but i know for sure that its a few. maybe half of them if i had to guess.

the problem is that "futureproof" is very rare (only released in new zealand i think), and i've been searching for a better version for the last 6 months with no luck. but if you manage to find any of the tracks in better quality, please share the wealth.
вот такое оформление альбома официальное!
Pitch Black - Futureproof

Released: 1999
Bitrate: VBR (Average 256kbps)

Disc 1: The Black Disc
01 The Gatherer
02 Speech
03 Salmonella Dub - They are Among Us (Pitch Black Remix)
04 Soliton
05 The Gatherer (Live)
06 Altered State
07 Alternate State

Disc 2: The White Disc
01 Melt (Dub Obscura Mix)
02 Speech (White Amolitude Mix)
03 Soliton (Ton a' Sol Mix)
04 Speech (Freedom of Speech Mix)
05 Melt (Mr. Babbit Mix)
06 Speech (Speechless Mix)

WARNING: SOME OF THESE TRACKS HAVE POPS AND CRACKS IN THE AUDIO, SO IF YOU'RE FUSSY ABOUT YOU'RE AUDIO QUALITY DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS!

http://rapidshare.de/files/19648755/future....part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/19675599/future....part2.rar.html

pass: gifted
Спасибо вам %)
giftedunlimited
thanx for the album
cracks and pops didnt bother me too much
i found solition(128 kbs) and melt(dub obscura mx)(128 kbs) if u want, i ll upload them
cmaster674
nice one thumb.gif

Этот топик читают:

63 ответов с 02.05.06 в 0:20
Назад в Electronic / Easy Listening