Read first! ||| Прочтите обязательно!

Important ||| Важно

Пожалуйста, прочтите правила раздела:
http://forum.funkysouls.com/index.php?act=SR&f=11

Please, read rules of a Section "Rock, Metal, Alternative"
http://forum.funkysouls.com/index.php?act=SR&f=11

--------

The rules of the section. Read this first.

- Be more concrete when creating new thread! Please, use meaning-bearing sentences as a name of the new topic. The name must reflect the main point of your question or announcement. Such topics as “Help!”, “Doesn’t work”, “I’ve got a problem” may be deleted without a notice.

- There is no need to post off-topic messages. Personal correspondence in topics is forbidden. Use Personal Messages instead.

- If you want to appreciate one of the users or show your respect to him/her, then do this using Personal Messages (PM).
Such messages as “thnx”, “спасибо”, “great job”, “ thumb.gif ” will be deleted! Be more detailed when expressing your opinion about the subject of the topic.

- If you want to start a new thread but you don’t have any links to artist’s albums, but you still want to discuss the artist you like or find a link, then at least write few words (e.g. mini-bio, genre, homepage..). If you’ve got nothing to say, then post a message in topic " Поиск Музыки / Music Search ".

- It’s strongly recommended to mention the size / bitrate / coder of the album you post link to (if you know this info, of course).

- Use the search before starting a new topic. It works fine, except the case when artist’s name consists of less than four symbols. In this case you should try to search by album name.

- How to use the search:
Here's an example
картинка, оставленная пользователем
If you’ve got no results, then start a new thread.

To search music of a concrete genre use one of the following topics:
1. Punk, Emo, Hardcore & Ska
2. Пост-рок и близкие к нему стили..
3. Французы
4. Made in Japan
5. Тrue Black Metal

- Please, show your respect to other members of the forum. Do not swear at the forum! If you’re really pissed, use PM.

- It’s not recommended to post direct links to files on such resources as fatalcontact, aside, antipop and other similar. Better post a link to the whole site or forum.

- You can post direct links to files on your site or public stores (yousendit, rapidshare, etc.). Otherwise, post links only in this format: _http:// or use the tag [CODE][/CODE] (button «Код»).
Astaroth_NL
Цитата:
If you do this I can asure you that you will lose a lot of conversation and sharing in the forum

Why do you think so? blink.gif
We just wanna see not only "thx" but smth like "Thanks, I liked that album because.. and track #X was...bla-bla-bla"

Цитата:
to say thx to show their gratitude

I'll add a script for that.. I hope I'll do that soon.
I think that would be a button and a counter. When you press the button near the post, it's author gets +1 "thanks"
Is it ok? mellow.gif
j0k3r
Цитата:
When you press the button near the post, it's author gets +1 "thanks"

Yeah, it's great idea!!! thumb.gif
j0k3r
I agree with you that only saying 'thx' isn't really enough.. I reacted a bit pissed off in my earlier message, as I was just awake and I don't like mornings tongue.gif

But I still tried to make a point there, and just be aware that when you cut this off even less people will react in threads as already is the case. If for example I share somethin' through yousendit it allows 25 dl's.. I'm already happy when I have 3-4 people saying thx for the album while the rest of the forum just leeches it dry.gif That's NOT how a forum, and especially if you want to create a community, should work. I then rather have a couple of people only saying 'thx' than find no comment on my share, 'cause as I said before that will not motivate me to keep sharin' here.

About the point system you want to introduce.. I've been a member of quite some forums where they used this system, but it doesn't really say anything. Getting appreciation by the total of points you have isn't something to be proud of, and I've seen anough people who were desperatly trying to get as much points.. not very charmin' if you ask me.
BUT it is an option, as it will show who the leechers are here on the forum as they don't get as much points as those who are willing to make this a working community.

Something that in my opinion works, but gives you admins a lot of work, is to make a seperate forumplace for the uploaders.. everything that gets uploaded first goes to a special place where only other uploaders can reach it. This way you're sure that people who DESERVE it, get it first.
Ofcourse you have people whinin' that they don't have the speed to upload.. well, then you also don't have the speed to download. That's such a lame excuse.
You know what would really please me?! Deny entry to funkysouls for those who upload less than 2 albums say per month. Two albums isn't much, and it assures you that the forums keeps active. But all this is just my opinion smile.gif

Last thing I want to say for now.. don't try to control too much on the (metal) forum. I've not seen much problems (except for those damn leechers), and the problems we have are solved. So I really don't see much need for change.

Thx for reading this thumb.gif

Astaroth
Astaroth_NL
Цитата:
as I was just awake and I don't like mornings

wink.gif

Цитата:
But I still tried to make a point there, and just be aware that when you cut this off even less people will react in threads as already is the case. If for example I share somethin' through yousendit it allows 25 dl's.. I'm already happy when I have 3-4 people saying thx for the album while the rest of the forum just leeches itThat's NOT how a forum, and especially if you want to create a community, should work. I then rather have a couple of people only saying 'thx' than find no comment on my share, 'cause as I said before that will not motivate me to keep sharin' here.

Do ypu really mind getting +1 "thanks" in your profile (for example) or in the topic?

Цитата:
Getting appreciation by the total of points you have isn't something to be proud of

I haven't said that tongue.gif I've just suggested an idea.

Цитата:
a seperate forumplace for the uploaders

We will think about that wink.gif

Цитата:
Last thing I want to say for now.. don't try to control too much on the (metal) forum. I've not seen much problems (except for those damn leechers), and the problems we have are solved. So I really don't see much need for change.

As I see.. We don't do that "too much".

Thank you.
Цитата:
- Никогда не давайте прямые гиперссылки. Используйте для этого теги [code]

Относится ли это yousendit.comyousendit.com? В последнее время что-то часто стали появляться ссылки на файлы на yousendit в виде тегов. Зачем??? Это же неудобно!
Vax123
относится ко всем без исключения cool.gif
Can it wait til tomorrow?
cos tomorrow never comes...
jursky
Цитата:
относится ко всем без исключения cool.gif

А если без смайлов?
If my humble opinion worth anything, please let me know.
I think that forums belong to the admins/owners and in the same time to the community that use to visit and write into those forums.
Admins have the right to set rules, but the community can comply or not those rules (even by leaving the forum as a last issue).
Community can propose rules and admins can accept/refuse them. It's their choice.

I've downloaded a lot of good music from this site and I'm grateful to those who have offered it to me.
I've downloaded also a lot of CDs I knew nothing of them. Some were good, some not so ...
Sometimes I've made comments on the threads. Sometimes I've forgot to.
I agree that one have to offer if one wants to get something.
I do have a bunch of CDs that are not on this site, and I'm willing to share.
Can you imagine that I know how to use the "Save as ..." option, but I don't know how to upload something?
Can you create a post, easily to find on this forum, were a morron like me can understand what program to use,
from whom to get an approuval, and how to upload what the morron wants to share? (with an English version aside)

IMHO i think that astaroth_nl is right when he said that sharing some music is better than points given by "thx" comments.
Of course, an evoluated comment about discography, artwork or pure personal opinion on a track is more valuable that a "thx - grazie - spasiba" line. But maybe for the one that took the time to upload something it counts as a ... "there is also someone who like as me the stuff I sent".
Waiting for my retirement:
- enjoy MY music, games & books collections
- non-stop surfing internet
- not thinking that I've got 2 go 2 work tomorrow
Yeah,I agree with Astaroth...I'm happy when I upload something and somebody say thanx...Than I see,that my sharing is interesting for someone else... unsure.gif
www.fatwreck.com
Maybe a bit offtopic, but I really think this is important for people to know...
Oliver Kay this one is especially for you smile.gif

Note: this is a copy of one of my messages from the Epica thread with some little adjustments

---

If you want to upload something, you...

1. use winrar to rar the cd you want to upload, or use winzip if you prefer it
2. put a password on the rar or zipfile to protect yourself a bit from monitoring your online actions by third parties
3. go to www.yousendit.com or www.datapickup.com
4. fill in a fake emailadres to whom you're sending the link, or you can send it to yourself if you want
5. find the file on your comp and tell yousendit/datapickup to upload it for you
6. yousendit/datapickup will upload it which can cost you, say 30-60 minutes depending on your connection speed and the kbps quality of the album
7. you will receive a special adress to whom your upload is linked
8. share it here on the forum incl password, preferably with frontpicture and tracklist (really preferred, but it's optional as we all can google on it)
9. make us happy yes.gif

Hope this explains enough. If you still have questions, just ask thumb.gif

Добавлено:
Btw, I also have a question for the admins here...

Shouldn't it be easier if someone makes a thread about this kind of issues and lock it at the top of the forum for quick usage/view?!
I think it's important to motivate as much people as possible to upload albums, as that's why we are all hear in the first place.. and telling them how to do it is a first good step in my opinion cool.gif

---

As you just read I already asked for an 'how to upload' thread some time ago. I still believe that it's important to make one, as there are probably quite some people who don't upload just because they don't know how to do it, and/or are to lazy to take the effort to find out.

Bit more ontopic.. I will comment further on the rules as mentioned here by the TS (topicstarter) somewhere tomorrow when I have some more time. I'm already glad to see that I got some support after writing my earlier comments thumb.gif
I already have some new comments. I'll put some right now and in time, maybe, the rest of them.
I want to say once again: me and you, Astaroth_NL, we are the community. We can influence, appreciate, comment or disagree the rules, but the decisions are on the Admins side. I owe them the server that allow us to manifest our opinions, and their effort (money, time, etc) to keep the house running.
The admins offer us the opportunity to share music and ideas here. So they can take the decisions.
But we, the community, can be ourselves, with our point of views, usualy different, with our like or dislike of types of music etc. And we can leave and search in other places what we want, if we feel that this is not the place to stay.
I like it here, for the diversity of genres, for the completly new to me bands I can find out, for conversation like this one, when different standings accept to discuss.
I don't know what it take (what computer, what capacity, what amount of money) to create a server, but the thought already tease me.
My knowlegde of IT is limited to W98, Office, some programs to manage music files and I work hard (10 to 12 hours daily) to earn some money, so I don't have enough time to search for improuvement.
I'm glad I have some sites like this one, I download a lot and hope to have time to hear it all.
I also want to share my musical prefferences (and I think that I touched a "soft spot" when I presumed that a thank you comment will be well appreciated).
So if downloading, uploading & commenting are easy, shortcuts on how to do all that, including advices on which are the best ripper, encoder, decoder, catalogging tool etc are included, than there's the best site. Why did we choosed a Russian site, where we understand not even half of the topics, I don't know. Maybe 'coz this site provide most of the said requested things.

About uploading:
Astaroth_NL, thank you for the advice. I think it's OK if one wants to share with a few.
My idea of sharing goes like this: I send a mail to the Admin "I have this CD, encoded at that quality, do you want it?", the answer should be like this "No, not needed or already had it" or "upload it in this directory, using this program and maybe password, and I'll put it the server so that everyone can have it" .

Other ideas will come in time, if asked for.

Это сообщение отредактировал Oliver Kay - 17.05.05 в 22:21
Waiting for my retirement:
- enjoy MY music, games & books collections
- non-stop surfing internet
- not thinking that I've got 2 go 2 work tomorrow
Vax123
Цитата:
А если без смайлов?

А если без смайлов, то на первой странице написанно, что к бесплатным сервисам это не относится.
spb fs
Vax123
jursky
2.10. Ссылки на скачивание файлов публикуйте только в некликабельном виде (например, _http:// или hттp://) Исключение составляют ссылки на собственные сайты или на публичные сервисы хранения файлов.

degi
Цитата:
Yeah,I agree with Astaroth...I'm happy when I upload something and somebody say thanx...Than I see,that my sharing is interesting for someone else...

As far as I remember, I hadn't said that it is bad. I've just said that we want ppl to comment on albums/tracks/groups. We hadn't said that we will ban for that.. Just wanna see more discussions.. Is it bad?? unsure.gif

Astaroth_NL
Thank you! Added your manual here.

Цитата:
Shouldn't it be easier if someone makes a thread about this kind of issues and lock it at the top of the forum for quick usage/view?!
I think it's important to motivate as much people as possible to upload albums, as that's why we are all hear in the first place.. and telling them how to do it is a first good step in my opinion

^^

Цитата:
As you just read I already asked for an 'how to upload' thread some time ago. I still believe that it's important to make one, as there are probably quite some people who don't upload just because they don't know how to do it, and/or are to lazy to take the effort to find out.

I think u r right!

Цитата:
Bit more ontopic.. I will comment further on the rules as mentioned here by the TS (topicstarter) somewhere tomorrow when I have some more time. I'm already glad to see that I got some support after writing my earlier comments

Glad to hear that, thanks for ur comments.

Oliver Kay
Цитата:
we are the community. We can influence, appreciate, comment or disagree the rules, but the decisions are on the Admins side. I owe them the server that allow us to manifest our opinions, and their effort (money, time, etc) to keep the house running.
The admins offer us the opportunity to share music and ideas here. So they can take the decisions.
But we, the community, can be ourselves, with our point of views, usualy different, with our like or dislike of types of music etc. And we can leave and search in other places what we want, if we feel that this is not the place to stay.

I think that my aim is to make us a community.. to make FS your second home.
So I'm always glad to hear your points of views. It is really very useful for me.

Цитата:
So if downloading, uploading & commenting are easy, shortcuts on how to do all that, including advices on which are the best ripper, encoder, decoder, catalogging tool etc are included, than there's the best site. Why did we choosed a Russian site, where we understand not even half of the topics, I don't know. Maybe 'coz this site provide most of the said requested things.

Very... Just.. very happy to hear that. I'll try to do my best to make it really easier to understand all thet FAQs and topics. Thank you.

Цитата:
About uploading:
Astaroth_NL, thank you for the advice. I think it's OK if one wants to share with a few.
My idea of sharing goes like this: I send a mail to the Admin "I have this CD, encoded at that quality, do you want it?", the answer should be like this "No, not needed or already had it" or "upload it in this directory, using this program and maybe password, and I'll put it the server so that everyone can have it" .

Of course you can PM me with any questions wink.gif

Цитата:
Other ideas will come in time, if asked for.

I'm willing to hear them.

..trying to make it more clear.. smile.gif
j0k3r
Yeah,That's good idea...but I think that by this way,is there danger,that people will only just download and go...and that's the way to kill this forum...
As you said...Try to make possilble something like "Thanx" button,which can count the contributions...that maybe a possible way...
I hope,that FS will still grow smile.gif
www.fatwreck.com
degi
Цитата:
I hope,that FS will still grow

I think, we all are working on it biggrin.gif

Этот топик читают:

89 ответов с 13.05.05 в 19:51
Назад в Rock, Metal, Alternative