Maybe a bit offtopic, but I really think this is important for people to know...Oliver Kay
this one is especially for you
Note: this is a copy of one of my messages from the Epica thread with some little adjustments
If you want to upload something, you...
1. use winrar to rar the cd you want to upload, or use winzip if you prefer it
2. put a password on the rar or zipfile to protect yourself a bit from monitoring your online actions by third parties
3. go to www.yousendit.com or www.datapickup.com
4. fill in a fake emailadres to whom you're sending the link, or you can send it to yourself if you want
5. find the file on your comp and tell yousendit/datapickup to upload it for you
6. yousendit/datapickup will upload it which can cost you, say 30-60 minutes depending on your connection speed and the kbps quality of the album
7. you will receive a special adress to whom your upload is linked
8. share it here on the forum incl password, preferably with frontpicture and tracklist (really preferred, but it's optional as we all can google on it)
9. make us happy
Hope this explains enough. If you still have questions, just ask
Btw, I also have a question for the admins here...
Shouldn't it be easier if someone makes a thread about this kind of issues and lock it at the top of the forum for quick usage/view?!
I think it's important to motivate as much people as possible to upload albums, as that's why we are all hear in the first place.. and telling them how to do it is a first good step in my opinion
As you just read I already asked for an 'how to upload' thread some time ago. I still believe that it's important to make one, as there are probably quite some people who don't upload just because they don't know how to do it, and/or are to lazy to take the effort to find out.
Bit more ontopic.. I will comment further on the rules as mentioned here by the TS (topicstarter) somewhere tomorrow when I have some more time. I'm already glad to see that I got some support after writing my earlier comments