картинка, оставленная пользователем

http://www.myspace.com/tuskgrind

Band Members:
Noam Belkind, Trevor de Brauw, Larry Herweg, Laurent Lebec, Jody Minnoch, Greg Norman.

Sounds Like:
Cafeteria-line teeth chattering in industrial scrambling vortex; hell's path, our furrowed eyebrows willed wonderment's pristine crawl on four amputated limbs, dripping its foul stench on littered, jaded eyes.

About Tusk:
Avant, progged out, psych, helicopter grind -- Tusks aural barrage has been categorized with some random appellations. Truth of the matter is, the more out-there the genre description, the more obvious this fact: Its fucking out there. Amidst surgically precise blasts, frenzied vocals and fret board savagery to make devout fans of all matters of harshness raise a horned-hand salute, youll find a willingness to experiment: sitar, slide guitar, mandolin, swirling keyboard passages.

Basically, theyre to bedrooms in Chicago suburbs what Lightning Bolt and Arab on Radar are to Providence, R.I. Get it? No? Try this on for size: Its Discordance Axis by way of Yes "Close to the Edge" or a German-schooled Acme maelstrom played by fans of This Heat and Don Caballero. And a singer who professes his lyrical "chaos bordering on collapse" owes a debt of gratitude to Tom Waits, though he sounds more like a strangled banshee or the Germs Darby Crash.

Current members are in Pelican (Hydra Head Records) and previously did time in Hinckley, Disembodied and Long Live Nothing.

Tusk - Get Ready (Reissue) - 2006

http://ifolder.ru/1645715

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVKLMS33
картинка, оставленная пользователемкартинка, оставленная пользователемкартинка, оставленная пользователем
IV:XX
фига подгон БОЛЬШОЙ респект /- гидра хед!
вау .. думаю чот эксперементальное!!
как бы не в экс!
FIN-Bastards
MathTrash, сначала думал в экспериментал, но переслушав, решил, что слишком зло для того раздела, вот здесь и создал топик .
картинка, оставленная пользователемкартинка, оставленная пользователемкартинка, оставленная пользователем
human_vomit
Там ой какие злые вещи выкладывают ты зря))
эксперементал дрлжен быть злым thumb.gif

Добавлено:
ну лады ща заценю посморим))
пеликанов ептать хех)
FIN-Bastards
ого, такое стоит заценить, спасибо thumb.gif
И на самом деле не HydraHead Industries, а HeWhoCorrupts Inc. ! Тоже, считаю, достойный лэйбл ! biggrin.gif
thumb.gif thumb.gif Блин Восторг ваще отличная команда... все так интересно и ЭксперЕментаЛьно что ППЦ!
Звучок такой ааа \ все же Для Эксперементала тема_ имхо там уже лежат команды такого плана,!
Да и в пеликанам Ближе ю....
реально такая сверх эксперементальная грайнда с адовым вокалом и атмосферой дражащей земли
FIN-Bastards
А как её тогда туда перенести ? huh.gif
human_vomit
ну Модерам сказать))
нажав сооБщить модератору))
ну или сами увидят!
Но лучше сказать тогда навернякА!!!
FIN-Bastards
блин, классная группа, грайнд/сладж с построком, оч приятно получилось, люблю подобное совмещение.
интересно довольно, но не понравилось.
группа гениальная,есть ещё один альбомчик - Tree Of No Return,
тоже замечательный...а ваще думал тема есть уже)) и реально,я
бы этот топик в экспериментал переместил ибо ни эмо)) ни хаки
в группе нет...но мочат ух как достойна!!вокалист там милашка))
haters gonna hate, f. you
____

я хожу по улице словно чумачечий
камень давеча курил с череп человечий

____

свободу фрэнсису!!!!!
перенес...
Spiegel im Spiegel
Tusk - Tree Of No Return (2004, 192kbps, ~31.1Mb)

Tracklist:
01. Tree Of No Return
02. The Rising Terror, The Setting Sun
03. Lost In The Woods
04. Starvation Dementia
05. Ursus Arctos/Walk In The Valley

хвать))
Цитата:
The packaging for this said it was an "avant-grind concept" album. The plot is that a mysterious stranger gets lost in the woods, and encounters an evil tree which represents the point where he can't go back (hence the title!). From there it is forward and around and around, but never out. He loses his mind and hilarity ensues. This concept gets hefty points, this is a phenomenal theme. From there, points can only start ticking off.

If i had reviewed this on the first listen, I would have absolutely tanked it. It starts off killer, and appears to go downhill from there. It seemed really muddy and overly busy, and I just wasn't feeling it. Luckily, the overall concept kept drawing me back, and three listens later, I think I'm finally getting it. I still have my complaints, but overall I like this.

The lyrics are beautiful. The desolation is hammered home, and the syllables conjure up soul-crushing imagery. Such a simple thing as a flight of bats passing before a full moon is described as: Black swarms cut the moon apart. Leather wings carry rabid heart. Skyward hordes o're moon swept wood, wraiths of madness from blackest Earth, from Starvation Dementia. Also, from the title track: ...then the trees stood parted on towering walls of far stone ridge, where none could see in, but all could be seen. Poetry. This is scary stuff. I really feel for the unlucky soul that's lost their way.

As on Get Ready, their previous release, the vocals on this release are all over the map. Most surprisingly, a cartoonish-folk voice plays a major role throughout. It is difficult to describe, but I imagined a creepy little forest gnome rasping about in the underbrush of these Dark Woods. The rest of the time is spent dishing out grindy screeches and growls, whispers, and the sort.

Sonically this record can tend to become a blurry mess of chaos. The drums may be a bit overpowering, perhaps, and the bass may be a little buried. The guitars sound great though. They double tracked them (at minimum) and made good use of stereo effects (like tremolo across channels- great). If you listen really really close, you will hear acoustic instruments like recorders, banjos, and mandolins, all of which subconsciously add to the backwoods nature of the theme. Value-added elements such as synthesizers and samples are utilized and are usually well suited for whereever they were used. The opening sample of woodland insect-sounds instantly sets the stage before a crushing main riff sets in. There is also a sweet synth riff in The Rising Terror, the Setting Sun. It comes in for only a few seconds but adds so much to the moment. As with Pelican's Australasia there is a heavy dose of atmospherics being used as well, especially in the epic, instrumental closer.

Stylistically, Tusk once again fuses grindcore with riff-rock and accels. The added crap makes this "avant-grind," apparantly, but I think it just makes it better.

Aaron Turner handled the graphic design and it is great as usual. Scary mountains, scrawled handwriting, darkness... it is all well suited to the overall concept. I will also mention that this is an enhanced CD and the extra features are actually neat. They give you a photo gallery of Tusk at their jam room and some live shots, as well as 4 videos. One video is a music video, the other three are full live sets. The music video is neat for a DIY assembly. The live videos are limited by the camcorder sound quality, but strengthed by the digital distortion of the image in low-light high speed activity. I wouldn't recommend watching these videos if you are epileptic, because the image is herky-jerky all over. I enjoyed watching them once, I probably won't watch them again. The enhanced CD menus are also well defined and the interface is easy and straightforward to navigate.
-Jsin

i have several complaints with this. one complaint is that this disc is really short and i dropped ten dollars on it through the hydrahead store. track three doesn't even break the one minute mark. if it wasn't for the eleven minute closer, this would be less than fifteen minutes long. at ten bucks, the cost/minute ratios are getting skewed way past the economical point.

my other huge complaint that actually relates to the quality of the product is the strange segue in starvation dementia. the heavy metal comes to a stop while a bass continues on with delayed accompaniment. This fades out and then really strange singing kicks in for a second or two before heavy metal starts again. it seems awkward and disturbs the flow of the record. this is a really killer song to, so that makes me a little sad. i still like it though, it just could've been that much better.

on a minor note, i also don't see why there is an instrumental track on here. pelican is their instrumental project, so why not use the singer in the band you actually have a singer for? it doesn't sound anything like pelican, but that's not the point. this is amplified by the fact that this song alone is longer than the first three tracks combined and multiplied by some factor. this takes us back into the circular argument began above.
-jeighsohn

This is Hail the Mighty Goat.
haters gonna hate, f. you
____

я хожу по улице словно чумачечий
камень давеча курил с череп человечий

____

свободу фрэнсису!!!!!
Cryton

Спасибо, что перенёс ! wink.gif

frances_the_mute

А тебе спасибо за альбом, обискался уже ... thumb.gif

Этот топик читают:

44 ответов с 11.04.07 в 13:25
Назад в Experimental